New Polish rev units seen in game files?

Hello there,

Thanks to @Airborne506th who looked in a game files we know about new revolutionary units:

So, clearly devs are/were working on Poland as a revolution.

Poland and probably Persia are the most requested civs here. If it’s possible, please consider making Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth as a full civs and release as a DLC content instead of making them only revolution. That way you will make community happy and earn money for a DLC which will be popular for sure considering big interest here.

Here are just some of the topics about Poland:

6 Likes

Polish is fit for civilization.

6 Likes

Poland and Denmark would make for a fine follow up to Knights of the Med. Call it ‘Empires of the North’ or something and we’d have some more civs that could use the Northern European architecture which would be nice after all the ones using the Southern Europe one.

12 Likes

Poland is the most awaited civilization since some minor nationalities were added to the game, which is fine, but if AoE wants to be historically accurate, they shouldn’t ignore such important territory. Anyway, can’t wait to see some DLC!

8 Likes

I’m done with European civs, bring on an interesting one like Korea, Persia or Mapuche! :crossed_swords:

16 Likes

Or also Oman, Burma or Siam…

7 Likes

I would buy that kind of DLC x10 more than KotM (sorry Italians but you’re overrated and over-requested to death, time for actual fitting civs and not pop-culture renaissance).
Tired of seeing new civs getting the Mediterranean building set (yes, I would hate seeing Morocco and Brazil added with them instead of giving them something new), both Denmark and Poland can have the Central/Eastern European bset since it’s not that crowded like the Mediterranean one.

6 Likes

…or we could see civilizations with a new buildingset and gameplay mechanics that aren’t european for a change.

11 Likes

They are not mutually exclusive though.

But I also would like to see first Persia and regions of the world that are completely absent from the game, like Central Asia, South East Asia or even Oceania, for example. And then they could return to Europe for a DLC with Poland and Denmark and finish off that continent.

1 Like

I’m done with European civs, bring on an interesting one like Korea, Persia or Mapuche! :crossed_swords:

…or we could see civilizations with a new buildingset and gameplay mechanics that aren’t european for a change.

I understand this sentiment but I dont think you can say European/Colonial civs are comparable to say Persia (my most wanted civ) because the level of work involved. A new European civ is still a lot of new assets I imagine but they can justify using a lot of pre existing stuff like basic units and architecture.

Persia is my most wanted but it would need to be built from the ground up to be done justice. All new buildings and units I do hope theres still capacity to get something like that but I can definitely see why they would add more European civs if they are a small team on a limited budget.

4 Likes

I want Koreans and Persians as new civs. We can go back to euro civs in a later date.

2 Likes

I want Koreans as well, but I will become a dead, broken mess inside if they drop as a broken mess akin to current state Ottomans…

*Laughs in African civs :joy:

2 Likes

*Laughs in African civs :joy:

Sorry I’m not sure what your point is? I’m not saying they CANT make brand new civs with all new assets its just obviously a lot more work than a European/Colonial one. So if they make Poland its not ‘stealing’ a spot from a civ like Persia, Siam or Korea because they arn’t comparable.

I’m pretty sure we got Malta because they could justify repurposing a bunch of campaign assets (bombard cannon, supply depots) with a few new things sprinkled in to make a new playable civ.

The African civs came out over two years ago now who knows if they still have the same resources they did when they made that.

3 Likes

I feel like people are both underestimating how expensive it’d be to make Poland and overestimating how cheap it’d be to make a civ like, dunno, Persia.

4 Likes

in terms of cost for a new faction the biggest is likely going to be vocal, which at least in some ways will be a negative for factions like denmark and poland (assuming they cant just use local microsoft employees).

on the other hand there is the research, and obviously there its going to be a bit easier to do western stuff, there is simply more written, the historical communities of those countries tend to be bigger and the access to information from online sources is likely also much higher as oppose to finding some obscure book that was written as pretty much the only source on it. it also helps here to have nations that existed for very long as it makes it easier to find more uniforms for the age up system.

the models probably aren’t that bad, forgotten empires most likely has their own artist for making models, hence why we got the new skins lately.

then there comes to the more negative, which is development time and audience.

european civs, both from a design, asset and balance point of view are likely a lot “quicker” to make, perhaps in weeks rather than months scope. though perhaps im wrong here looking at malta, mexico and italy who are all relatively “out there” in terms of design, same with sweden really.

the last one is audience reception, this isn’t a mod, how many actually wanna play a civ matters for whether or not it makes sense, lets say a 100k wants civ 1 and 10k want civ 2, even if we assume that a lot of people are going to buy civ 2 from a mixture of loyalty or gameplay reasons it doesn’t change that civ 1 is going to sell better.

Poland like it or not is simply a lot more interesting to a lot more people than say Kazahkstan is.

9 Likes

Guys, it is not competition between European civs and other civs :smiley:

Devs are already working on Poland for some time, there are a few PLC units already in game, there are polish voice lines already in game too and more of them can be just fetched from AOE2DE.
It just makes sense to spend a little more effort and create a full civ instead of revolution.

So instead of criticizing - support devs in making full civs. Or any other civ which makes historical sense in a game. Saying “I prefer something else” will not help the game - there are other threads for promoting other ideas and civs.

If you really don’t want to play some civ - just don’t buy a DLC. But do not say “Don’t make it” to the devs if there are plenty of reasons for them to make it.
Peace!

PS Btw I also support Persia and other civs, not just PLC. Whatever makes historical sense fits in game :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Poland , Dennmark and Austria + reworked “Germans” to “Germany” - this is probably the most needed content in AOE 3 DE when it comes to Europe. Devs may consider about Crimean Khanate and Zaporohzian Cossacks. Outside Europe, these are Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina , Morocco, Zulu, Korea, Siam, Mayans, Persia.

1 Like

Yes, and Burma too… after Bayinnaung’s death, Siam gained its independence and fought against Burma for the next 200 years until the fall of Ayutthaya in 1767…And obviously Oman to cover the Persian Gulf and East Africa…

2 Likes

“It’s not a competition” says person trying to pressure devs into making the civilization…

1 Like