New Sage of Empires article for 3DE (Possibly new content?)

It could be an Asian cultural rework, similar to their mediocre attempts at making Native civs more accurate.

4 Likes

Please, no. They have mess the balance with that

No patch for a month: AoE 3 is dying

A Sage article: New DLC, Asian Rework

Peoole???

Anyway, it could be that we will have new content.

7 Likes

Mmmm I’m going to say we’re getting chickens and a livestock pen rework!

5 Likes

Yeah the Asia dlc has been new dlc three asia civs for getting reworks

2 Likes

My first reaction was to add “chicken” as a breed of poultry for Asian countries.

2 Likes

It would be better IMHO to add real European animals in European maps.

4 Likes

I hope it’s Korea since they have their own version of tea ceremony.

2 Likes

I hope it’s not Korea but I really wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

Chinese cross-over units + no banner system + a unique bonus or two = profit???

3 Likes

No, please mess with the balance. I’m tired of them keeping in bad design just because fixing it would mess the balance (or because of older players’ nostalgia).

They said they would fix native americans only to simply reskin the fire pit. They still feel like Age of Mythology civilizations without gods.

3 Likes

Its just not the balance, fur market is boring, voice acting were soulless, new cards became the civs OP and some others are useless while devs change other things that were in a nice point to just balance the new stuff

1 Like

I’m not arguing about the changes being poorly implemented (that’s actually my problem), I’m saying that shouldn’t mean the changes shouldn’t have been made. Instead of not making changes, they should have been competent.

And also the community plaza should be removed, it doesn’t fit at all in Age of Empires, besides not being a big change from the fire pit.

1 Like

That has been there as a native core mechanic for 15 years, you cant change that and call the game a DE, thats for making other game, same for wonders and consulate

3 Likes

It’s bad design, that’s my point. It shouldn’t matter that it’s been in the game since forever.

Not to mention it’s based on a stereotype.

1 Like

I’ve said it many times, Asian Dynasties was a bad expansion.

The Asian Civs were horribly balanced and too many racial stereotypes. Campaigns were bad too.
What’s with Japanese not eating meat and indians not harvesting livestock?

Consulate system was put there to fill the gaps in asian armies but it doesn’t work as it probably should, needs a serious overhaul.

African Kingdoms was done much much better. African civs even have a 4th resource except it’s not stupid.

7 Likes

I’ve always been bothered about how slowly resources collect in AoE3, and Export is definitely the worse.

And instead of using the consulate to give civilizations things other civilizations have by default, why not just give them those things by default as well?

I’ve also always found it weird how Indians don’t get horses. And their villagers costing wood instead of food (when wood collects much slower) is really annoying, even if they have a card to change that.

I seriously don’t understand why people get so defensive about bad choices made when designing this game and AoE2.

4 Likes

Its not being defensive, You cant call a game a defenitive edition and change the mechanics of every civ, thats making a new game. Let that to AoE IV. All of us have loved this game for 15y without that changes; Im agree with some little changes like new cards but removing firepit or wonders is going too far.

About africans
the influence thing didnt feel too unique to me as it is a copy of export in essence: a side res to get techs and units

1 Like

And I say just reskinning the firepit isn’t going far enough. Dances/ceremonies are basically god powers, which really doesn’t fit a non-AoM game.

And nobody is talking about removing wonders, thought in my opinion, if a potential new Asian civilization doesn’t have potential wonders, it would be fine to give them different age up mechanics.

One thing I do want to see other than the removal of monk heroes and Indians getting horses is an Indian split.

2 Likes

Export is problematic for two reasons.

1. You don’t really have control over it,
  2. You waste too much of it getting extras you don’t need, like Musketeers when you only want the cannon.

Also a lot of things consulates give don’t make sense. For example Japan has dutch and spanish exclusively. But it’s not the spanish that give japan a church (It was the Spanish who brought Christianity to Japan) but the dutch. Also why does Russia give china a factory when the industrial revolution was late coming to Russia (and was one of the leading causes of the red revolution) and it was the British who led the industrial revolution and put factories in india and china.

But I’m not bothered by indian villagers costing wood, dutch villagers cost coin.

It’s wonders that are god powers. Some are direct copies from AoM.

4 Likes