New survey!

Almost 30 minutes. No more.

1 Like

Itā€™s interesting. The survey is publicized loud and clear on Steam. Yet in an opening page of the survey, it states:

MICROSOFT CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
The information you receive during the course of the survey is proprietary and confidential information to Microsoft, and you agree to take all necessary steps to preserve that confidentiality. As part of your obligation to preserve the confidentiality of the information you agree not to (i) disclose the existence of the surveyā€¦

I wouldnā€™t have known about it had you not said anything, since AoE Insider emails didnā€™t seem to go out :frowning:

Iā€™m in the 3 hrs crowd :wink:

1 Like

Further, you shall not be liable to Microsoft for disclosure of information which you can prove (a) is already known to you without an obligation to maintain the same as confidential; (b) becomes publicly known through no wrongful act of you; or (c) is independently developed by you.

Pretty much covers talking about the survey existing, as you said itā€™s on the steam page. To be honest it looks like a boilerplate agreement they may slap on any old thing, the real thing to think about is:

(ii) disclose or provide any information you receive in connection with the survey to any third party (other than as specifically permitted herein) in any manner including but not limited to capturing and posting survey screen shots, videos, or opinions about the survey or any other information related to the Product on any websites or blogs.

Because that makes this entire thread a problem lol

1 Like

Yep, is what I was thinking :wink: Bye bye thread?

1 Like

I think it will never happen because we still have these boomers who say cartoonish graphics ainā€™t bad it is still looking modernā€¦

And booming is all that matters. They will repeat their mistakes because they have proved it for 2 long yearsā€¦

1 Like

ā€œBoomerā€ which is typically used for people who are stuck with old things and refuse to branch out to newer stuff contradicts your ā€œcartoonish graphicsā€ argument by the way.

2 Likes

Not at all, most of the boomers still think RTS games are great with cartoonish graphics!
If you look at TW: Warhammer series graphics improvement, or other modern games that are triple AAA rated and praised use realistic graphics. Cartoonish graphics are now considered cheaper and older. Yet, we still have people who defend the AOE seriesā€™s graphical decision. I swear the upcoming AOM will fail real hard. Its graphics are not good, unit animations are still too boring. The modern AOE series is keeping the worst things from the older games and removing the best things from its previous titlesā€¦ That is the problem!

I gave my usual feedback.

Add a good coop mode.

Improve the modding tools.

Add more campaigns/art of war missions.

A few QoL improvements and bug fixes.

Ensure mid season map rotations.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s not what a boomer is.

You already had that point back in February when they teased Retold and made a thread where everyone except one person disagreed with you:

1 Like

Yeah, I focused on co-op, Art of War, etc as well. And of course modding, the stuff I donā€™t shut up about :smiley:

MP and balance is important, but modding support and replayable content is what will keep the game going for the longest.

3 Likes

Indeed. And they already do a pretty good job with the multi-player and balance.

Definitely lacking on replayable solo/coop content though, and modding is too difficult to really take off.

2 Likes

SĆ­, yo hice esoā€¦porque una flojera detenerte en esas preguntasā€¦

Yes, in AoE4 it would have to do like AoE2ā€¦cinematics like those of AoE 2 or TSA, but in the gameplay the characters would have to talk to each other and not just the narratorā€¦

The Ayyubid Sultan Tower already has an attack and at the same time is a normal siege towerā€¦

Yes, I miss the old eventsā€¦

Yes, they probably will at some pointā€¦

Yes, in addition to the Missionary, the Conquistador and the Almogavarā€¦

Not to mention the Holy Roman Empire and the Abbasids, but I would give them some of the Ayyubidsā€¦

Yes, historical battles would also be goodā€¦

Yes, I think that the AoM Retold campaigns will do well (since they are the classic ones)ā€¦ the issue is the DLC campaigns (the Chinese one, which was disastrous and the new one that comes with the new dlc next year)ā€¦the original AoE 4 campaigns were meh, although with TSA it improved a littleā€¦

Yes, at least, in the following campaigns they should put more naval combat in some missionsā€¦Ottoman, Byzantine, Japaneseā€¦

Yes, they must be thinking about AoM 2 or AoE 5 made by Relicā€¦

True, this was the most criticizable thing about AoE 4ā€¦

Who knows, anyway, I donā€™t see Microsoft giving the saga to a studio other than Relic or an inexperienced or unknown studioā€¦ Forgotten Empires could be, but it would require more people to develop the game and they would have to use the Bang Engine, or lastly, to cut costs, the UE5ā€¦

Or less, it took me 10 minutesā€¦

Yes, in any case, it would be zoomerā€¦

Yes, it could beā€¦ but first we have to see itā€¦ in my case, I think that AoM Retold can do very well, unless Stormgate destroys everything like SC2 didā€¦

Yes, historical battles and historical maps tooā€¦ making new coop campaigns can also be (since I find the old ones difficult)ā€¦

Tantalus, Forgotten and Worldā€™s Edge done a incredibile work on AOE3DE and now on AomRe. I think a new version of BANG Engine (tantalus has a incredibile experience) could be the right choice for the future of Franchise. This or Unreal Engine 5. Essence Engine needs of a Total update.

About period, i reay would like a return to ancient times. we donā€™t have a new generation AOE that properly covers this period. I mean, iā€™m very Happy for AomRe but i would like to see a new AOE5 set in this epoche with realistic and historical units, new graphic, new campaigns, Epic battles with formations of Hoplites, legionaries and more.

True, but I donā€™t think they want to repeat ancient themes having AoM Retold so recent, I know that AoM is more mythological than historical, but it occupies more or less the same chronological framework (beginning of the Bronze Age to the end of the Iron Age)ā€¦also I donā€™t know how much AoEOā€™s failure affected wanting to repeat the ancient period againā€¦

When documenting the reasons for the failure of AoEO fans (at the time) took most issue with gated content, level and gear based pvp, and a lack of features (2 civs at launch, one civ being added every 4 months). This talk by Kevin Perry from GDC 2013 details the reasons it failed, and it all comes down to not having been able to make money. Fun fact: the original team making AoEO had 45 of the original 110 developers from Ensemble making it before being passed over to Gas Powered Games.

Itā€™s my personal belief that AoE canā€™t really exist with most of its features intact by going forward in history, and there are a lot of unexplored narratives going back instead. Though, it doesnā€™t help that AoE already covers time periods from 3000 BCE up to 1876 AD. Weā€™re already seeing them rehash the medieval period with AoE IV, something that gets it compared to AoE 2 all the time.

Yes, thatā€™s the thingā€¦you can revisit antiquity, Iā€™m not saying no, but youā€™ll touch on the same events seen in AoE 1ā€¦the things AoE 1 didnā€™t touch on was the Early Iron Age (1200-600 BC), the Persian Wars (500-450 BC) (which you see in AoEO), the post-Punic wars against Celtiberians and Cimbri (180-100 BC) and then the Marcomannic Wars (165-180 AD) (in which fought Marcus Aurelius, Commodus and Maximus Meridio), the First Gothic War (248-254) and then the entire 4th century: the campaigns of Constantine I (306-336), Julian the Apostate (356-363), Valentinian I (364- 375) and Theodosius I (376-382) and in the middle you can add historical battles like in VaVā€¦after this comes Alaricā€™s campaign in AoE 2ā€¦

1 Like