New unit hinted in the hotfix notes?

Since it is just the single unit, what if it is a new civ’s explorer?

1 Like

I think that musketeer like unit is the cinematic musketeers, they have different model

It is not. It’s similar, but it’s not. The cinematic musk has no backpack, yellower pants, ties around his knees, and has a very well defined tricorn hat, And a longer coat without any red down the middle.

3 Likes

Most explorers have 16~17th century-ish costumes and that one looks a little too modern.
Also explorers don’t have bayonets either.

Interestingly that unit never made its way into the game. The only musketeer unit with a “true” tricorne is the carolean. Before that the veteran musketeer has a deformed or flattened tricorne, and in DE it becomes closer to a cavalier hat.

1 Like

I really wonder if they’ve been dropping hints for awhile now for our keen eyes to pick up on. It is certainly not unlike them to do so.

Now I’m wondering how many we might’ve missed.

Has any other patch notes had images in them? maybe they have been hiding hints there too.

Most of them have images in them, though not always fancy gameplay screenshots.

I am 100 % sure the new unit is a Bersagliere, it has the white pants, the hat with the feathers and the emblem, the backpack.

1 Like

You may be unto something

1 Like

You beat me to it! Heh.

If we are getting italians, then I think it’s safe to say we’re getting Ethiopians and Somalis.

3 Likes

These guys are italian bersaglieri units

1 Like

You can train Mounted Granaderos with Argentina, although I think that the mounted grenadiers of that timeframe weren’t using grenades anymore

1 Like

Nice.
However bersaglieri were more of a skirmisher but that one in the screenshot looks like a musketeer (please not another super musketeer unit).

hes standing next to musks, so it seems they have regular musk?

Would make sense it’s a skirmisher unit considering he’s surrounded by musketeers.

Anyway, I hope this is indeed a hint Italians are headed our way. I could see Somali, Ethiopians and Italians being added together in a DLC. What the other DLC is anyone’s guess. I’d be happy with those 3 civs and Persia.

1 Like

Maybe, but all other skirmishers in the game do not have bayonets. Perhaps it’s a unique skirmisher with high melee?

Or perhaps some special unit that can only be sent by cards.

1 Like

That means Africa maps and new continent means also new minor civilizations. I’ve been waiting years for this.

7 Likes

perhaps a new dragoon model? apparently the ports dragoon upgrade is bugged, perhaps this will solve that?

the helmet for sure is a dragoon helmet.

1 Like

yeah really hoping we see new minor civs, they add a lot of flavor even if you dont always use them.

3 Likes