New unit hinted in the hotfix notes?

Last hotfix came with an image where you can see a new unit (or model?) among the units. Is this a hint for the probable DLC, and if so, which civ could it represent?

nueva unidad

3 Likes

Actually 2, since Indians do not have Horse Cavalry.

It is not a Jat Lancer either, as they have guns.

But the guy you pointed out, is apparently just a Caçador.

No Cacadores do not have bayonets or white pants. That looks like a guard/imperial musketeer with a slightly different color scheme.

3 Likes

That’s a camel dude… The unit is called Zamburak

4 Likes

Definitely not a Cassador, they don’t look like that in any age.

1 Like

But this model has a bayonet and white pants. While the bagpack looks like the cassador, all of the rest is different and points to a musketeer type unit rather than a skimirsher.

Also, the architecture of the fort could be a hint, unless they are using it to misdirect us.

That’s a Western European style fort, right?

EDIT: Also, the same unit shows up in the main patch image too, again as a single unit in a mass of musks.

Top left, between the falconets.

2 Likes

Blockquote

It is, but look at this image from italian soldiers (taken from the discord, where they think the fort is a misdirection)

8 Likes

Oooh, maybe! They also seem to be wearing lobster-tail burgonets of the northern italian style in the screens!

EDIT: They’re hats, see my later post.

A Burgonet would be anachronistic with teh rest of the uniform, plus the rifle.

Well, if its a preview it’s a WIP.

EDIT: The helmet also looks like it’s probably an unfinished model. It’s fairly untextured.

EDIT2: I looked again, they’re definitely hats, not helmets. Mea culpa. They’re wide hats with a feather on the front, a white trim, and a short front/back.

1 Like

This one is very interesting. From that angle he’s definitely not wearing a shako.

First impression when I see the hat:
https://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Company_Infantry_(ETW_unit).html

1 Like

Anyone recognize this mounted chap with a rifle? I can’t tell if he’s an existing unit or not, but I don’t recognize him.

4 Likes

Romanian revolution has a unique dragoon skin, but this one does not look like that.

[new content intensifies]

3 Likes

There is one weird looking gun cavalry unit too, which seems to be wearing some sort grenadier hat with plume. (horse grenadier or something)

3 Likes

Mounted Grenadiers?
Opprs and Axe Riders have serious competition!

It is actually a unit I always wanted in the agme.

3 Likes

Could it be that they are just new models for imperial musketeer/dragoon? I mean I want to have new content but I’m trying to tone down my expectations and they do look quite similar to their “base” units.

I can confirm that the infantry are not imperial musks nor imperial cassadores. I can also confirm that they are not dorobanti, nor is the mounted rifleman a rosior dragoon.

1 Like

I hope that eventually every royal guard unit gets a different model from normal guard units. For example spanish tercio will look different than guard pikeman.

That will just cause extra difficulty in identifying unit rank at a glance.