New Update Makes Game Unplayable

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #:77209 Version: 101.102.11673.0
  • **GAME PLATFORM:**Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
After update, the game only runs at 1-2 FPS for xbox and for PC.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
ALWAYS

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play game after update.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
If the bug not there, the game runs flawlessly at 60+fps

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

4 Likes

i can confirm this issue aswell.

both myself and my friend cannot play any form of coop / multiplayer games without constant game stutter from it running at like 5 FPS on Xbox series X.

single player works just fine but anything to do with playing with other people is unplayable at the moment.

2 Likes

If it ain’t broke dont fix it.
Well thanks Dev team. You broke it.

1 Like

Xbox series S aswell

2 Likes

this is BRUTAL the lag now is worse . in big battles ive expirenced some lag and i though hmm maybe it will get better over time. the update just made this game UNplayable 100% can we get a fix… did nobody on the AOE team load the game up after the update? …

1 Like

Cannot play online above 5 FPS on xbox series x, reverse this patch!

1 Like

Got the same issue on series S and also a friend on PC.

Same issues here on Xbox One, after update multiplayer games runs like 2 fps,

Having the same issue here - multiplayer for my friend and I (I’m on PC, he’s on Xbox) unplayable at 1 FPS.

Same issues FPS is terrible and seemingly only on multiplayer

I got an enhanced graphics patch as part of this update.What exactly did the patch “Fix” because the game was fine before this choppy unplayability

The enhanced graphics pack was there before, you can disable from Steam-Library-DLC and inside the game. The stuttering came with an issue with the update, that’s why there was a rollback to the previous version.