New UUs – incl. leitis of the archers!

Congratulations for becoming an official dev. TriRem! :smiley:

(I guess that’s also why you edited your original post several days after the thread had gone silent).

Now that’s the case I wanted to report to you the same mistake as concerning the unofficial aoe2techtree.net, the ingame tech tree wrongly gives for the castle age serjeant its feudal age stats.

Especially for casual players analyzing the tech tree before choosing the civ. they want to pick, this might be a problem, as they will underestimate the unit they will be able to train and may not even want to train it in the first place, let alone know about the significant buff their serjeants get as soon as Castle Age is hit.

1 Like

That’s because the tech tree loads up before Dark Age. It gives the vanilla stats of all units. You can even see that Horse Collar costs 75F 75W for Franks.

Hey sir, I want to become a game developer and I am a student at the moment. Can you guys hire me as an intern?

So happy 2 out of 3 suggestions have since been implemented, including my prime one of the leitis-of-the-archers. X)

Since feb. 2021 we got two (!) new siege UUs, including the epic houfnice and very soon the composite bowman will become playable, w. as proposed 4+4 pierce-armour-ignoring attack!

Awesome! X)))

Awesome that the ingame tech tree has been corrected!

(It just took some years, but I can agree it wasn’t a top-priority issue.)

The tech tree now shows for the Castle age serjeant its Castle age stats! :slight_smile:

1 Like