Newer civilizations means more fun

@Dalrian said:

@Augustusman said:

@Dalrian said:

@Fetandrey said:

@Dalrian said:
First thing first, I must apologise because I forgot the online options; now I see why everyone wants the old school game; I didn’t want to be or sound rude, when I said newer civs, I totally mean it, I got bored of the same artistics on each civs, only few soldiers doesn’t make the difference, there are same buildings… Instead to add only newer “names” the graphic should be improved (not only plain battle fields; all relief forms (mountains, hills, plain, water) also some soldiers should have a skill for those kind of reliefs (better hunters in forest; better warriors on the playn field, increased speed at scouts)… This is what newer civs should bring.

These are the things that AoE IV should bring to the table but not AoE:DE. Remember this is a remaster not a new game.

Oh I see now, well if I have to chose a nice improvement it will be adding the pirates, in AoE III’s missions we meet and use them, so why not playing with them… And for the Warchief Patch: introduce carribs and other civs which we meet them during quests but we never play with again.

Cilician, Corsican, Sardinian, Romans Pirates? Brigantines?

If these are all nations from the capaigns but never meet in custom game, yeah…Every time when I finished a campaign I wanted to play with the corsairs or Tupi warriors as my main civ. not only as a tribe… The best example is the Warchief Patch. When I finished the campaign and I saw the Cherokee I wanted to play with them…
I played AoE II long time ago, and I forgot how it looks like, my renecent game from this franchise is AoE III, and when I saw in online game only few civs. instead of all from the campaigns (really who doesn’t want to sail a pirate ship). Also don’t forget about the Wild West (cowboys and indians) if this is the DE then it should bring everything from the campaigns; solo games and online, it will be nice to play with what you loved in the campaign. I know it sounds insane, but bringing everything from a solo game to online means you should let players to play with their favorite civilization.

There is nothing in the campaigns that is unique to the campaigns in AoE. Except hero units (which don’t make sense…what the hell is Perseus doing in ancient Japan?). You’re talking about AoE3, and this is a remaster of the ORIGINAL game, that released in 1997 and takes place from the Stone to the Iron Age. There are no unique campaign units, and while there may be some unique civs (Elam, Akkad, etc) they aren’t actually new civilizations but are instead just re-named existing civilizations.

Everything you loved in the campaign is already there. The rest is unbalanced and broken (Mirror Tower, anyone?).

Yeah you mentioned civs from 1500-1850 AD

All the expansions and DLC apear one year after the main game/previous expansion, so expect one year and surely they will release new content

I wondered why they never had the Trojans.

@FrostedPdiddy said:
I wondered why they never had the Trojans.
The same as older gold edition.