Newer civilizations means more fun

It will be amazing to have some new civilizations like: Norths (Vikings), Mongolians, East European Civilizations. And the explorer should look different for each civilization.

All those civs are in Age of Empires II. Though I do agree that every civ should look unique. I mean, come on, same European swordsman look for Eastern units for example? facepalm

@Dalrian said:
It will be amazing to have some new civilizations like: Norths (Vikings), Mongolians, East European Civilizations. And the explorer should look different for each civilization.

None of those civilizations existed during the timeline of AoE1.

Explorer??? The only game that had an explorer was AoE III

At this point, each of those civilizations were wandering bands of barbarians. The Slavic people didn’t even exist yet, and the eastern Europeans were still nomads. Scandinavians were content with fishing and hunting and didn’t have much in the way of a civilization during the time of AOE1.

All that aside, no new content is being added to the game. Only reworks of art, graphics, music, etc.

In DLC but no one of that civs. There are more important.

Oh, come on guys, why the game should be like the older AOE, graphics isn’t everything, it will be more interesting for this game to add more civilizations, more years uprades, and maybe some facts when you are chosing your first civ. and I think Dracula’s country should be on the map too, just imagine how interesting a game can be if not only the soldiers will look different I am talking about the buildings like castles for each civ. (I didn’t like the castle from AOE, all civs. same castle) In Eastern Europe during Turkish Empire, there were Austrian Empire, Transylvania, Russian Empire, Moldave… But well if you think it won’t be funny and interesting to have more maps from Europe and more improvements at the battle system and new troops it’s alright.

@Dalrian said:
Oh, come on guys, why the game should be like the older AOE, graphics isn’t everything, it will be more interesting for this game to add more civilizations, more years uprades, and maybe some facts when you are chosing your first civ. and I think Dracula’s country should be on the map too, just imagine how interesting a game can be if not only the soldiers will look different I am talking about the buildings like castles for each civ. (I didn’t like the castle from AOE, all civs. same castle) In Eastern Europe during Turkish Empire, there were Austrian Empire, Transylvania, Russian Empire, Moldave… But well if you think it won’t be funny and interesting to have more maps from Europe and more improvements at the battle system and new troops it’s alright.

We are discussing AoE 1 not AoE 2.

@Dalrian said:

I’m not sure if you know what game you’re talking about. You’re all describing things that would fit well in Age of Empires II and III, and some are already present there. These are the forums for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, which covers the ancient/classical era of history and is a complete remaster of the original Age of Empires game. Which, like I said, includes no new content but new graphics, music, sounds, etc.

@Dalrian said:

Either you’re awful at history, or you’re thinking of AoE2 - AoE is from the Stone to the Iron Age. Hell, putting the Romans in was a little of a stretch, historically. The civs were fine the way they were, imo. Let us get a meta going around the re-balanced AoE, and then let MS play around with adding new civs, instead of haphazardly throwing new civs into the mix before the old ones get broken in.

New civ ideas for the AoE timeframe would be something like Akkadians, Elamites, Lydians…or broaden your horizons, get the Harappans thrown into the mix, or the Aryans (Vedic Indians). Etruscans or Samnites, I would suggest other groups, but we (or at least I) don’t know many other civilizations - remember, it’s Age of Empires.

First thing first, I must apologise because I forgot the online options; now I see why everyone wants the old school game; I didn’t want to be or sound rude, when I said newer civs, I totally mean it, I got bored of the same artistics on each civs, only few soldiers doesn’t make the difference, there are same buildings… Instead to add only newer “names” the graphic should be improved (not only plain battle fields; all relief forms (mountains, hills, plain, water) also some soldiers should have a skill for those kind of reliefs (better hunters in forest; better warriors on the playn field, increased speed at scouts)… This is what newer civs should bring.

Harappans or Aryans would be awesome! They were so advanced, but so often passed over in Western history classes.

Age1 won’t be getting any more civs tho

@Dalrian said:
First thing first, I must apologise because I forgot the online options; now I see why everyone wants the old school game; I didn’t want to be or sound rude, when I said newer civs, I totally mean it, I got bored of the same artistics on each civs, only few soldiers doesn’t make the difference, there are same buildings… Instead to add only newer “names” the graphic should be improved (not only plain battle fields; all relief forms (mountains, hills, plain, water) also some soldiers should have a skill for those kind of reliefs (better hunters in forest; better warriors on the playn field, increased speed at scouts)… This is what newer civs should bring.

Don’t worry, you didn’t sound rude. But the fact of the matter is that there will be no new content for AoE:DE. And as far as I know, there are mountains and plains and grasslands and water in the game and they have all been improved from the first rendition of the game from 1997. Go look up the first game online, then watch the trailers put up about AoE:DE. You’ll see announcements about what the remaster entails and the vastly improved graphics.

I don’t really keep up with the development team and/or the goings-on as much or as in depth as I should, but they haven’t said anything as far as releasing more DLC for the game. That doesn’t rule out anything new, but it also doesn’t guarantee it; if they’re going to follow the model of AOE2 HD then they might just release some expansions later on.

@RWNorthPole said:
New civ ideas for the AoE timeframe would be something like Akkadians, Elamites, Lydians…or broaden your horizons, get the Harappans thrown into the mix, or the Aryans (Vedic Indians). Etruscans or Samnites, I would suggest other groups, but we (or at least I) don’t know many other civilizations - remember, it’s Age of Empires.

Nice, we have another (2nd I think) person with 4 stars! Congratulations!
I hope there will be some DLCs later or that they will just make AoE IV in these periods.

@Dalrian said:

These are the things that AoE IV should bring to the table but not AoE:DE. Remember this is a remaster not a new game.

@Fetandrey said:

@Dalrian said:

These are the things that AoE IV should bring to the table but not AoE:DE. Remember this is a remaster not a new game.

Oh I see now, well if I have to chose a nice improvement it will be adding the pirates, in AoE III’s missions we meet and use them, so why not playing with them… And for the Warchief Patch: introduce carribs and other civs which we meet them during quests but we never play with again.

@Dalrian said:

@Fetandrey said:

@Dalrian said:

Oh I see now, well if I have to chose a nice improvement it will be adding the pirates, in AoE III’s missions we meet and use them, so why not playing with them… And for the Warchief Patch: introduce carribs and other civs which we meet them during quests but we never play with again.

Cilician, Corsican, Sardinian, Romans Pirates? Brigantines?

@Augustusman said:

@Dalrian said:

@Fetandrey said:

@Dalrian said:

Cilician, Corsican, Sardinian, Romans Pirates? Brigantines?

If these are all nations from the capaigns but never meet in custom game, yeah…Every time when I finished a campaign I wanted to play with the corsairs or Tupi warriors as my main civ. not only as a tribe… The best example is the Warchief Patch. When I finished the campaign and I saw the Cherokee I wanted to play with them…
I played AoE II long time ago, and I forgot how it looks like, my renecent game from this franchise is AoE III, and when I saw in online game only few civs. instead of all from the campaigns (really who doesn’t want to sail a pirate ship). Also don’t forget about the Wild West (cowboys and indians) if this is the DE then it should bring everything from the campaigns; solo games and online, it will be nice to play with what you loved in the campaign. I know it sounds insane, but bringing everything from a solo game to online means you should let players to play with their favorite civilization.

@aquablade351 said:

@Dalrian said:

I’m not sure if you know what game you’re talking about. You’re all describing things that would fit well in Age of Empires II and III, and some are already present there. These are the forums for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, which covers the ancient/classical era of history and is a complete remaster of the original Age of Empires game. Which, like I said, includes no new content but new graphics, music, sounds, etc.

Oh, I see I am sorry I didn’t play AoE I,and AoE II I played long time ago, the only AoE which I remember is AoE III, the DE should be focused on online mode instead of offline, I imagine this game as a combination of all AoE in a miltiplayer mode…
I am sorry for this mess I’ve created.