Next Set Of Civs

When? I heard it’s the civs from AOE1 but I haven’t seen any information other than a picture?

iirc there was an announcement during the anniversary celebration Age of Empires 25th Anniversary Livestream - YouTube

basically that aoe1 is going to be ported to the aoe2 engine. Not sure what that means since it technically already is in the same engine, so it is now believed to be a (maybe stand-alone) dlc for aoe2

if anyone finds the place where they talk about aoe2 in the video above I’ll edit the link so it starts playing in the right spot

1 Like

As has already been mentioned, AoE1 civs are coming. But it was also announced that there would be a DLC after it this year that “resembles Dynasties of India”. In what way this ends up manifesting (rework of a current civ? more Asian civs? 3 civs added instead of 2?), we don’t know.

5 Likes

Yes BUT, now AoE1 would have the same QoL stuff that AoE2DE has, AoE2DE pathing, triggers for scenarios and other stuff that I may not remember right now

Allegedly, they are gonna add a second Roman civ for AoE2DE, but we won’t know until Ba’al knows. Most probably, there won’t be crossplay between AoE2De and AoE1-ported civs. That’s all we know.

1 Like

Western rome is going to be added to the game along with new units such as legionaries, centurions and dromon… probably other civs from classical era such as scythians, armenians etc

2 Likes

Gates, garrisoning & female villagers! <3

4 Likes

I bet Chinese split or Malian split (new Western African civs).

̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶o̶ ̶i̶’̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶l̶y̶ ̶R̶o̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶C̶a̶s̶t̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶B̶y̶z̶a̶n̶t̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶l̶e̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶o̶?̶
People below me have already corrected me.

Besides, we already have legionaries. Infantry centurions and
dromon would be cool, though

The castles arent getting added for any old civ (sadly)

1 Like

The Dromon & reworked Legionary have also been leaked. The Roman castle is the only new castle in the files.

6 Likes

I had no idea we had leaks of the legionary and the dromon

We’re having an unusual number of leaks for this dlc, aren’t we?

I never thought about it, but yeah, new Western African civs would probably be seen as a Malian split. Especially with the Soninke/Ghaneans and the Songhai.

Wait there’s leaks? Where?

1 Like

Personally, I hope for another round of African/American civs.

Oceania would be very welcome too.

3 Likes

That gets me pretty hyped

1 Like

New and last set of civs I expect to be added are the Kurds, Pashtuns, and Siamese and they would be using the Middle Eastern, Central Asian, and Southeast Asian building sets respectively.

We can’t share them on forum.

I’d kinda like Vlachs/Wallachians for the Dracula campaign

Especially if that’d open way for possible Slav, Turk and Magyar campaigns.

3 Likes

We already got a lot of European civs and there’s already like 6 civs using the Eastern European building set. Please no with the civs you mentioned. I prefer the civs I’ve mentioned.

1 Like

I was thinking there could be a new set shared by Byzantines and Bulgarians (and maybe Romanians)
And I’ve seen psople say Bohemians should have used the Central European set.

3 Likes