No AoE2: DE nomination for Best Ongoing Game in The Game Awards

This is very expected, to be honest, since AoE2 is consistently a niche game with a small playerbase, but if any game deserves a nomination for Best Ongoing Game, it’s AoE2: DE. This may be a matter of opinion, but I think for most people, the game experience for DE has improved massively since it came out, and is getting a lot more ongoing support than anyone expected. Some official recognition of a more niche game might be nice, especially since its fanbase is steadily growing.

13 Likes

it’s the first year for a long long time i’ve not nominated age of empires for labor of love. releasing dlc after dlc and not one single new architecture set… i just couldn’t.

No unique castles?
No regional unit skins?
absolutely ok because these are just my personal wishes. no big deal.
But 8 civs with one and the same architecture set and still releasing civ after civ without any new ‘‘look and feel’’. That’s not cool.
Are they bringing new content regularly? Yes.
Does it feel like love from the studio for their game? I don’t know. Not anymore for me :confused:

Maybe i’m just too focused on such visual things i don’t know.

12 Likes

And they put a higher price on top of that. :roll_eyes:

And Unit Pathing is in the worst stage of all time.

5 Likes

And double the last DLC Steam price in comparison to Microsoft Store on top of that.

2 Likes

this is purely a guess, but games with paid DLC in the most recent year might be disqualified from labor of love award

I personally voted for DRG

2 Likes

Did you miss the latest DLC? The Armenian/Georgians have an entirely new architecture set.

No, they don’t. They use the Mediterranean set.

5 Likes

You are correct! My mistake. I guess it was just the castles and the fortified churches that threw me off. Haven’t played too much with them yet.

Don’t worry about it! I’m hoping to be able to work with someone to get a proper Caucasian set made, based on my designs. When the set is finished, it will be turned into a mod, and I’m hoping to get the devs to notice somehow and officially implement it.

2 Likes

Don’t get your hopes high, he :point_up: will never finish it.

3 Likes

Are you accusing me of lying again? Let’s not play that game.

1 Like

I am not talking to you

1 Like

You are talking about me to someone else while I can see, which is quite rude, you should know. I am allowed to defend myself.

3 Likes

Anyway, here’s some proof that we’ve at least started some preliminary work on a Caucasus set. That’s what you wanted, right?

I have every motivation to finish the set, because I’m paying a few hundred dollars for it. It would be a terrible waste of money if I didn’t finish.

7 Likes

Looks good, but how are you going to approach the destructioin animations

Thats the feudal or the castle age set?

3 Likes

AbeJin is making the animations using, I think, simulations, and he said they can be incorporated into the game, so I trust that it can be done.

This is the Feudal Age, inspired by Georgian mountain villages. The style and inspiration will be more apparent the more buildings are made.

2 Likes

If you manage to get this done and it looks pretty good I gotta say that the fact the devs released one of the DLCs with the least ammount of content at 15$ will look particularly bad.

4 Likes

Even if it doesn’t look that great, the fact that only two people actually worked on it would be a fairly good excuse. Either way, giving the Armenians and Georgians (and potentially the Bulgarians and Byzantines) more accurate architecture is a win regardless.

5 Likes

Ofc you are just modding the game, getting a full set done with destruction animations is a ton of work for just two people

5 Likes

Looks like HD Eastern European Barracks.

1 Like