No button feedback when pressing hotkeys

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: Latest
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 7

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

When pressing unit/building/upgrade hotkeys there is no button feedback. Only when clicking on a button you will see it “dent”.

This makes it hard to confirm if you pressed the right hotkey. Especially when out of res.

Also the “dent” on unit buttons is very subtile. I miss the satisfying and pronounced HD button feedback.

Even when watching streams this is annoying since I instinctively look at the bottom left side to see what units they are queueing.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

I made a comparison video between DE/HD

5 Likes

Can we get a sign?

I’m unable to see what stances streamers are using ect.

Bump, the game feels less responsive without this basic feature that was included since 1999.

1 Like

How can something so basic as the proper funcion of UI buttons be ignored even 2.5 years after release? Can someone from the dev team respond to this?

1 Like

@aoescout
@IkoKnight8151
@ChristheCo
@Felizon89
@StepS7578

Hi @PacificWheel208 !

Thanks for popping this, I shared your suggestion with my team :smiley:

Thanks, I appreciate that.

1 Like

Hi, was there any response? I’d love to hear.

There is no indication of units being queued though the bottom left panel :frowning:

I’m watching Tatoh’s stream, his mic is picking up a lot of button sounds during scout rushing while nothing else seems to be happening. I suppose he’s spamming a single stance continuously but I can’t confirm it since there is no movement on buttons while using hotkeys.

When out of res and a streamer is spamming a hotkey, not possible to see what unit/building/upgrade they are going for. Same as a player, nothing is showing me I’m actually pressing the right hotkey. (Especially important for new players.)

Maybe this isn’t considered important because most people don’t notice when it’s gone but when it get’s added back it will give valuable information and restore visual tactility which was very satisfying. I understand if the apparance won’t be as on HD but at least make the feedback work not only when clicking the button but also while pressing a hotkey.

2 Likes