No game audio after the intro video

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: VERSION 101.102.42346.0 (#107882) 13720908
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
No game audio at all both in game and in the menus. Only exception is in the intro video.

I have done extensive troubleshooting trying to solve this problem, including the following:

• Update windows
  • Update sound interface drivers
  • Disable all mods
  • Reinstall DirectX
  • Try on another account with family library sharing
  • Close all programs and restart steam
  • Usage of a different audio device/output.

An interesting behavior that I noticed is that the narrator still works for some reason and even the volume slider.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
This issue occurs whenever the game is opened, so I can’t give a method of how to reproduce it.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Have game sound.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
No image as this is an audio only issue

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*Not exclusively an in game issue, as it happens constantly

Hi @vicMJ
This is a strange issue, did you try verifying integrity of game files?

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and that seems to have resolved this issue for now.

1 Like

Glad to hear you no longer have this issue, I guess somehow your audio files didn’t get installed properly.

Yeah, its just strange how it happened all of the sudden, im really wondering what could be the cause of such a weird issue

Probably the latest update :frowning: