No in-game option for "game speed control"? Apparently you wont be able to change the game speed?

You guys must not have played that many RTS games, AoE is on the slow end (which can be nice).

1 Like

I couldn’t get those settings to go through the campaign with.

Oh you’re talking about the campaign. Are you playing on the easier difficulty levels?

I did go through the confusing process of getting that up and going, which wasn’t straight forward and explained in a single place, I found that really frustrating.

That is the point - this is an accessibility need that should be addressed by the devs. Until then - they are saying they don’t care about people such as cancer survivors, as far as as I see it.

I appreciate you directing me to the mod though, I wish it fixed the campaign, and I wish the devs cared.

Yea the difficulty isn’t the issue, it’s the sheer pace at which things proceed sometimes - I need it to slow down so I can command things at the same pace the opponents do. I don’t have full functionality of my hands due to neuropathy.

1 Like

Take it down a notch if you want to be taken seriously.

Definitely a reasonable feature to request, but be reasonable when you do so.

I’m being reasonable. They removed a standard accessibility feature I relied on over decades to play the franchise, entirely transforming the way the game plays.

When things like that are removed, it is a sign that there isn’t anyone caring about people with accessibility needs.

1 Like

I’d love to have this for the campaign. Speed setting would make playing the game less hectic and I’d have more time to focus instead of doing things half-assedly.

I am disappointed that there is no option to toggle game speed in the original game.
When I change the speed with the mod advanced game settings, the AI does not attack.

I suspect the main reason they haven’t added this is they don’t want people to be able to tick off the daily challenges really fast by making the game run at 10x speed.

There are external mods available that can change the game speed, but I’ve looked into creating a tuning pack via the official mod tool to make the game run faster and couldn’t find an overall game speed variable to change. There are mods that do it, but I think they do it by changing a huge number of individual parameters like times to produce specific units and build specific buildings, because you see inconsistencies with some things sped up and others not.