No TC starts + Villager fights

Nomad is 100% luck based and not skill based. I have had my 2 vils start right next to berrys, wood , gold, and two boars. I have also had to travel to have more then wood. Its also luck if your opponent gets a poor starting location messes up on a boar lure, builds mill/lumber camp/ mining camp poorly. Its luck if you start a drush before scouting the enemy base to find it with lithuanians. There is a lot of things that come down to rng. Is it skill if your resources are forward and the enemies are back. Is it your skill if the enemy fails a boar lure or is it luck for you they messed up. I suppose its skill if you are matched with the slightly worse player making his way up the ladder. Maybe its also skill if your opponent picks the direct civ yours counters. This whole idea of it being skill vs luck is dumb. For every decision to be skill based you would have to have everything the same. You may as well just play mirror matches every game. Does it suck when you are at a disadvantage yes you know what you do just move on and try your best. You thiink in iraq i could go yo mister terrorists you got rhe drop on me im going to need to restart this encounter so we are both on equal ground. Lol why worry about it in a game. Your not trying to run a comp and nothing is against the rules. You all whine about how it ruins the fun. Have you considered that is the entertaining part for the other player. Maybe his version of skill is being able to pick off the vill or boar and continue to run an eco. There are even those like me who enjoy the challenge of being at a disadvantage and overcoming it. Thats true skill to me. Its the choses you make to win not doing the same thing over and over agian. Thats why random maps are nice its not the same map everytime. Same with nomad it changes alot.

Im touched we actually agree on a topic. I usually have an opposing opinion with you.

I dont think villager fights should be a thing. I dislike Nomad a lot but I know its one of the maps that a good portion of the community loves, so I would rather if it stayed on rotation, however I would also like to have more bans because I dont want to play it and anytime it pops up I hope someone altf4.

I would say about 50% of my Nomad experiences have been villager fights (game ends minute 2), TCs almost touching (game ends minute 4) or “one of those games” where you end up in between two opponents, get towers from one to slow you down (keep you in Feudal) and a castle from the other near your TC to kill you before you can reach Castle Age.

I personally do not like this kind of game, winning or losing, it feels very cheap.

we don’t want villager fights when it takes 30 minutes to start a game after 7-minute-long queues and 4 rounds of toxic alt+f4 players dodging settings

the RNG is fine if the queues were quick, but when we wait a long time for a game we kind of want to play a decent one and not a lamefest

i don’t even like nomad, but it’s the only way to play without that silly position-picking setting, so it ends up being one of the only maps that doesn’t turn into the same repetitive xbow-spamming garbage.

it’s also the only land+water map in the pool most of the time, so it’s important to make it fun. (land-only gameplay is a shallow version of AoE that’s also less balanced for teamgames as it makes knight+xbow spamming civs very overpowered). the new nomad script is too scenario-like. they should just go back to the old one and reduce the number of hills

I think that most forget ranked is a competitive que. They should add a none competitive que with a hidden elo and unlimited bans to help those who want casual play.