No Update Available in Microsoft Store

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.36202.0
  • Platform: Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:

There is no update available for yesterday’s new release in Microsoftstore, which is making it so that no lobbies show in the multiplayer finder (even though Cross Play is enabled and things were working befor the release of the latest version)

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Have AOE2 DE v. 101.101.36202.0 through Microsoft Store
  2. Go to Microsoft Store and click the […] icon to the right of the profile pic.
  3. Select “Downloads and updates”
  4. click “Get updates”
  5. It says that I have the latest updates, even though AOE2 DE v. 101.101.36202.0 is showing in the list

Additional Info

It’s affecting the ability to find games in the lobby. I’ve restarted the computer, logged out of the Live account, enabled Crossplay and saved, disabled crossplay and save and then reenabled crossplay and saved.

It worked a day and a half ago before the recent update was released yesterday.

No firewalls, except for Windows Firewall, which I’ve disabled.

Now I’m not even sure if there is a later version than what I have as it looks like yesterday there was only a server update.

This fixed the lobby issue for me:

Enter the Lobby screen.
Set a server filter to only display servers from a specific region.
This should display a list.
Now reset your filters.
The full list should be displayed.

Source: 🛠 Server Maintenance - Wednesday, April 22 - AoE: DE, AoE II: DE - #34

Please consider this issue resolved.

2 Likes

I had the same trouble. Thanks

Same problem for me. Better off posting on the Steam website. No developers check this forum. Pretty sad.

There is also no update on Steam. I also havent seen some kinda of patch notes. You sure there is an update? 36202 is latest patch of March 31. Afaik there is no newer update.

You’re right, there isn’t. There was a server update, but I don’t think that affects the game version at all.