No warning pop up when deleting a TC and a building foundation

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44834.0 6148570
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

There is no warning pop up when you delete both a tc and a building foundation. So say you have your TC selected and shift click a couple of palisade foundations to delete them without thinking, it will delete everything without a warning. This is not the case when deleting both TCs and fully built buildings so doesn’t seem as if it’s working as intended.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Shift select both a TC and a building foundation
  2. Press delete

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The warning pop up should appear.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

3 Likes

This bug is still present (build 101.101.46295.0 6421374). But I would like to specify the reproduction steps:

1. Select a town center and any additional amount of buildings or foundations.
  2. Shift-select an additional building foundation.
  3. Press delete

It is important that the last building selected is a foundation. If the last building selected is already completely built, the safe delete message will show up, even if some foundations are selected as well.

hello,
thanks for reporting this bug, luckily this bug is already being tracked by our team.

1 Like

On a sidenote, splitting the delete warning into two options for foundations and finished buildings would be very useful. The idea behind the warning is good but having it available for foundations as well can be very annoying when deleting unfinished forward buildings in a hurry. Many players have turned the feature off for this reason.

The reason I have deactivated it is that the window is: it takes like 5 seconds to load in with its dump animation. At least give us the option to get an ugly looking but not at all delayed window we can enter away… but if I have to always wait 5 secs until the window is loaded and another sec for the animation of the window going away, I will not use that…

This is another issue of the new UI. The old UI for deletion was instant and accepted Enter and Esc as inputs. The new UI takes a moment to load up and doesn’t respond to Enter anymore. Also pressing Esc before a couple of seconds have passed has no effect.

No other command in the game has this sort of delay. Imagine having to wait a second before you can queue a villager when you select the TC. I feel any artificial delay >0.0s for an in-game command is not tolerable and this makes the safe delete feature worthless for many players.

The poll in the discussion forum about new style menus clearly shows that most people want old style menus back. I hope that it happens soon enough.