Not able to delete only not constructed buildings

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.47820.0.662.4001
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When trying to delete a few palisade walls that has not yet been constructed it deletes also palisade walls already constructed.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Build a few palisade walls.
  2. Set a few palisade walls to build
  3. Double click a palisade wall not yet constructed.
  4. Click “Delete all” hotkey (Shift+Supr in my case)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

When i double click a wall not yet constructed it shouldn’t add fully constructed walls to the group selection.
In this case one side of my map was walled and when walling the other side i changed my mind about how to wall it so tried to delete it while the villager was getting there and ended up deleting all the walls in my base which lead to being open when scouts reach my base.

Possible solution: We use Alt/Shift/Ctrl for a lot of things, maybe if you hold one of those it selects only buildings not yet created.

*This happened to me in an online game but before the patch so i recreated the issue against AI and uploaded this in the save file i’ve attached.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

SP Replay v101.101.47820.0 @2021.05.10 150235.aoe2record (467.1 KB)

2 Likes

this has nothing to do with deletion, its just the selection part that is “bugged”, but i find it to be the wanted behavior - that when double clicking, both constructed and non-constructed buildings are selected.

I agree that this is most likely going to be dismissed as being by design. You’d have to pose a very strong case towards chaning the way palisades are selected when double-clicked. Not that I want to be an @ss or anything, but right now I must vote against changing this. Why? There are cases where I cannot click palisades behind buildings, so what do I do? I put a palisade foundation, move the view, double-click the palisade foundation to get the hard-to-select palisade selected, then I can delete.

consider just placing a gate on those palisades

It is an option, but only if there’s space. Sometimes a gate doesn’t fit.

I don’t see why this should be dismissed. Of course there’s more important bugs to fix than this one, but in time i think this should be addressed because it doesn’t make sense to delete your walls individually one by one and spend in game time that should be spent microing something else.
Possible solution: We use Alt/Shift/Ctrl for a lot of things, maybe if you hold one of those it selects only buildings not yet created.

1 Like