p̶a̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶r̶o̶v̶e̶d̶ (see bug section, other new bugs with attack move), but whats with the new collision? sending like 20-30 vills towards 1 destination and they bump into each other nonstop and just stops moving along the entire way.
ontop of that game desync and crash like 90% of the time against AI, just what the hell man. why is every patch going worse and looks like devs only really prioritize ranked and 1vs1 because of streamers.
sad state this game has turned into
edit: extra villagers around gold stop mining when only a tad too many, previously were totally fine. just what the hell
edit 2: taking back the above, pathing didnt really improve, kinda went side ways. some better some regressed. units randomly stop moving, going the long way, attack move dont work properly at times, miners get stuck and goes completely IDLE which was WAY worse than the lumberjacks prior patch.
I can’t even stay in the main menu for more than 1-2 minutes before a crash happens. I got roughly 9 crashes in the span of 15 minutes of main menu gameplay lmao
lol what the hell? sometimes after several patches or crashes game files gets corrupted. verifying steam files dont do a thing. at that point u gotta delete metadata folder, player profile and reinstall game.
its ridiculous that just ONE player, with issue with their game files and/or internet connection CAN cause entire game to DESYNC or CRASH. and of course game itself has its issue too.
so assuming they “fixed” woodcutters not getting stuck/stop cutting, they made miners WAY worse now gold/stone miners stop and idle instead. ontop of that villagers or units sometimes just stop because of pathing.
The new attack move is near unusable, the units scatter around and run in a circle, or regroup during combat for no reason, like, last second they’re still hitting the enemy and the next second they think they need to run in formation
I wish nothing but all the best for the development team and hope for a hotfix ASAP
Every game crashes half way through. Completely unplayable. Pathing still an absolute joke. I feel like the devs aren’t even beta testing bug fixes at this point. These so called improvements are laughable. Ready to uninstall this game honestly. What’s the point of playing when every patch gets worse and worse?
They need to revert all pathing back to 2019 DE release and don’t update pathing again until it’s fully tested and approved by beta testers on a separate server.
I was actually really optimistic when the game was released. I remained optimistic after the first patch because obviously with a new game there would be bugs. I told others to be patient after the 2nd and 3rd updates had more issues. For years I just assumed they were just ironing out issues. But after 4 years I gradually realised the game has been getting progressively worse and I’ve had enough. That’s not being dramatic, 4 years is 4 years. Imagine how furious FPS gamers would be if pathing was this broken in their game after 4 years. Luckily the aoe2 community is generally pretty chill so the backlash hasn’t been anywhere near as toxic. I’m a super fan, I’ve bought every aoe2 DLC available and played thousands and thousands of hours, consumed thousands of hours of content and I’ve been playing since 1999 (I just turned 39). This isn’t just a blip in an otherwise smooth gaming experience. This is years upon years of bugs on top of errors on top of crashes on top of completely broken pathing, the most fundamental basic part of the game. How can pathing stay the same of get worse with every patch? How can Aoe2 HD pathing from 2013 be better than DE a decade earlier?
At this point, the FE devs need to get some of the original devs on board, like Matt Pritchard or Sandy Petersen. There’s something fundamentally wrong with the coding of DE that I feel only they can fix.