November PUP is here!

The black space is where player colour applies.

2 Likes

The unique trade carts are my fav change so far in this patch.

9 Likes

I had the deep feeling that monks get unique skins too, but sadly no.

1 Like

Maybe they want to play it safe and leave all the monks looking the same.Just imagine indians getting a islamic monk.

3 Likes

give Vikings Halberdier at least and it could be a good civ again.

You can’t compare Vikings and Aztecs, they’re completely different civs and have different power spikes.

Vikings just completely relies on their archers power spikes in castle age and expecially imperial age to have an edge on the opponent. Getting faster to their power spikes is the only edge they have over other meta strong archer civs (Mayans, Chinese, Britons, Ethiopians) and losing thumb ring makes way easier to hold even with castle age skirmishers against the imp power spike for the time being and then win with superior military bonus or flexibility. So it’s quite easy to think that these match-up, which currently are more or less 50/50 match-ups, are going to swing in an heavily unfavourable way for vikings expecially because infantry buff is unlikely to play a big role.

Aztecs instead have way more power spikes to leverage their eco into, regarding their eagles and monks. Expecially against those civs mentioned before, where vikings are probably going to suffer a lot from the lack of TR, with aztecs is way more likely to play into eagles than into crossbows.

6 Likes

The trade carts look great. Here are the 5 models now

Skipping the very obvious ones :

• Byzantines, Cumans and Sicilians keep the default European one
  • Berbers, Indians and Tatars have the Middle-Eastern one
  • Mongols and South East Asian civs have the East Asian one
12 Likes

Meso civs already have a different monk. And regional skins are already used for kings.

There are already skins ready for most culture groups. Muslim civs can use the model of the imam, East-Asian civs can use Bui Bi’s model, maybe give the priest to pagan civs (Vikings Cumans Lithuanians Mongols). The only new skin that would be needed is an African monk, if the imam isn’t given to the Malians and the Ethiopians retain the default monk.

3 Likes

I think in the DE files there is a portrait for an African monk?

4 Likes

I cannot find the unit in the editor but that means that most of the files exist.

I guess the devs plan to implement regional monk skins eventually but it just isn’t a high priority.

1 Like

I like all the changes, especially the buffs to all infantry civs.

Vikings should not lose thumb ring or at least get something more in exchange (+20%hp from Feudal Age won’t cut it imho).

The Burmese change would have been fine if the old UT dmg bonus became a civilization bonus at the same time. So as it stands I don’t like it.

Cumans should get bracer or some other buff.

Byzantines could use with some sort of early age bonus that helps them transition to imperial age more quickly.

1 Like

Adding monks is easier all they need is just the relic carry but dividing the monks not to upset people would be hard. Right now India has the Islamic king and Cart so ideally they should get the imam but the bold monk would fit them better.

Isn’t the Indian set unfinished anyway? They also don’t have their own sails.

3 Likes

Unfinished how? they already have everything except a sail.Kings are anyway shared.

1 Like

The Indians are the only civ whose sails don’t match their architecture. Ig kings being shared isn’t that bad.

3 Likes

No portuguese buff??? ;(

6 Likes

Disagree here. In small numbers maybe yes but if you had a group of arambai
this unit was deadly. In my opinion even one of the strongest units in the game, because it had barely real counters. I think many people just didn’t try them out or just didn’t know how to play them. After this change they traded a lot better vs range units
and they still shread cav to pieces. The only nerf was, that they couldn’t take out buildings anymore in castle age. I still think this wasn’t a nerf overall
just a different playstyle.

Not so sure about this change now, tho. This will make arambai indeed useless or at least no option to go for only.

3 Likes

not a fan of the Vikings change - they should have hit the eco and left the arbs alone.
fine with the house and infantry changes (though i honestly don’t think it will do much, they still require a castle).
i think the Burmese change isn’t going to help much because it requires a castle and a UT.
Byzantines change won’t do much either.
on one hand i understand the nomad treaty, on the other hand i think it will just lead to douching.
the cumans change is okay as well.
the Poles getting SE surprises me.
why no Mayans and Chinese nerfs?

2 Likes

Very well described. I think out of all the civs that doesn’t have neither BL nor TR, they will suffer the most as they don’t have any compensation for either of them.

Why though? I think that is a good alternative.

Exactly. This is probably because of the Berserk buff.

and 10 attack (previously 8 attack).

of 5 minutes.

2 Likes