These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 101.101.54684.0 7486483 (I hope)
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When a villager chops a tree, so that it changes to the state with the tree chopped and on the ground, you cannot target the tree with an onager. When the tree is not chopped at all, you can target it normally. Using attack ground near or on the chopped tree will cut it fully, the way it would if you fired on a normal tree. I’ve just tested this better, and it only occurs with onagers, not siege onagers. Hopefully that makes sense.
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
I don’t normally use onagers, or I don’t cut trees with them, but when I do, I have always encountered this issue if I try and target partly chopped trees.
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Open the scenario editor and place a patch of forest. By it put a villager and an onager.
- Open the testing part, and command the villager to chop down at least one tree, not all the way, but until it is no longer standing upright.
- Select the onager and tell it to fire the felled tree. It should flash and look like it will attack, but it won’t fire. The tree can still be chopped using attack ground however. This doesn’t happen with siege onagers it seems, which will fire anyway.
- Test the onager on a patch of upright trees. It should be able to fire fine if you target another tree.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Onagers should be able to fire on and cut felled trees, the way that siege onagers can.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
My testing scenario, with the trees at front chopped, and onager, and a siege onager:
My testing with an onager. The bit of chopped trees was where I attacked a tree that was fully standing. Currently, even though you can’t see it, I’m telling the onager to attack the chopped tree. It flashes the green light around the tile and stuff like it will attack, but it never fires any shots:
This is with the siege onager having fired, where I found that this issue does not occur:
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
- I’m afraid I don’t have any of these, and even if I did, I don’t think that it would show me clicking and the onager not shooting the trees.