Do you also miss the old sound effects and music that was part of the original AOE I and AOE ROR? After all, the music and sound effects are the nostalgic part of the game!
I’ve decided not to let that happen and try to get the original music and sound effects into AOE:DE.
Through several hours of work, editing and recording I managed to do it! Now you can all enjoy AOE:DE in new graphics with the nostalgic sound effects and music we all know so well.
Guide for Sounds effects
- Download the “Sounds” file from Google Drive HERE
- Copy everything from the downloaded “Sounds” file to Steam\steamapps\common\AoEDE\Assets\Sounds
- Keep the Sounds folder from Steam open and find and delete the files named “ballista_target1” to “ballista_target5” (which means you will delete 5 files ballista_target1, ballista_target2, ballista_target3, ballista_target4 and ballista_target5) and the same for the files “stonethrower_target1” to “stonethrower_target5”
Guide for Soundtrack
- Download the “Music” file from Google Drive HERE
- Copy everything from the downloaded “Sounds” file to Steam\steamapps\common\AoEDE\Assets\Music
- Keep the Music folder from Steam open and find and delete the files named “xmusic1” to “xmusic10” (that is 10 files) and “music10”
And that’s it!
If anyone comes across any discrepancies, please let me know and I will then update the files.
Thank you all for sharing and I hope you all enjoy AOE to the fullest now!