Other stratergy games

So apart from AOE what other stratergy games do peoople play I am quite a big fan of the Total war franchise.

Rome Total War, Dawn of War 1,2,3, Settlers, Spore

Pit People, Skulls of the Shogun, Toy Soldiers, 8-Bit Armies

0 A.D

Northgard, Company of Heroes, Sins of a Solar Empire.

@KingDarBoja said:
I didn’t like Northgart I prefer AoEO or Empires apart, sins of solar empire… I prefer Starcraft 1-2. Company of Heroes is very good but… no my kind of rts.

i really like CoH i just hope the Relic don’t try and bring that type of game play in to AoE

@Doogerie said:
i really like CoH i just hope the Relic don’t try and bring that type of game play in to AoE

May be mixx of AoE 3 + CoH and Dawn of War 3.

@Augustusman said:

@KingDarBoja said:
I didn’t like Northgart I prefer AoEO or Empires apart, sins of solar empire… I prefer Starcraft 1-2. Company of Heroes is very good but… no my kind of rts.

I play Starcraft 2 :wink:

I play Starwars Battlegrounds.

I don’t know if you mean only war games, I do play SC2 a bit…but my fav strategy games are builders like Tropico 4, Rollercoaster Tycoon and Prison Architect.

@Raw1812 said:
I don’t know if you mean only war games, I do play SC2 a bit…but my fav strategy games are builders like Tropico 4, Rollercoaster Tycoon and Prison Architect.

hi Raw how do you do ?

@Yeshna12 said:

@Raw1812 said:

hi Raw how do you do ?

Very well! And you? Former AoEO player right?

yes. Costa Rican … thanks for the update.

@Yeshna12 said:
yes. Costa Rican … thanks for the update.

hehe, I married a Nicaraguan girl and live in Nicaragua now.

Also, I liked the old Stronghold (1 and crusader) games but the new ones are very buggy or so I’ve been told

I used to play a bit of Starcraft, Starcraft 2. I followed the development of 0 A.D. by people who were giant fans of AOE but I don’t think I ever played it. Thanks for that sweet screenshot @Augustusman, maybe I’ll download it and give it a go.

I think after Age 3 and AoE:O (I gave up because it launched with no skirmish mode) - I moved on to other types of games like MOBAs. I started off with Guild Wars (8v8 PvP combat was very deep, rewarding, fast pace and exciting) and then begrudgingly moved on to League of Legends.

I think MOBAs do have a significant amount of strategy even if they are not your traditional RTS genre.

Here’s some less popular ones I love:

Dune 2000
Populous: The Beginning
Star Trek: Armada

I’m also a big Starcraft 1 fan

If you want anything closer to AOE, it will be 0 AD and star wars battlegrounds.

@UnboltedCord996 said:
If you want anything closer to AOE, it will be 0 AD and star wars battlegrounds.

Yep, with the news of AoE:DE’s delay I reinstalled 0 AD. It’s actually pretty fun, though I wish the base game had campaigns.

@TestableWharf54 said:

@UnboltedCord996 said:

Yep, with the news of AoE:DE’s delay I reinstalled 0 AD. It’s actually pretty fun, though I wish the base game had campaigns.

Oh my man, I have played 0AD since it became an open source software. Love it, it reminds me of my favorite game in the franchise, which is AOE 3.