Ottoman need to be changed

Would be nice if we could hire Spahi as Italians hire papal units.

3 Likes

To be honest, I donā€™t agree with everything on this post in regard to changing the Ottomans. One of the only changes I would want to see to the Ottomans is the change of their Architecture from the Mediterranean-style to the Middle Eastern style (and yes, the Ottomans can still have the function of a European civ while using the Middle Eastern building set because the Middle Eastern building set would be more like an intercontinental Afro-Eurasian availability set to civs that are within the Middle East).

There are admittedly alot of overzealous suggestions. Still, would a change like letting the Janissary Combat affect grenadiers in the same vein as Dragoon combat affects Portuguese hussars, be all that unreasonable?

Some other changes Iā€™d like to see is having the Dragoon speak the same voice set as the Cavalry Archer instead of the Abus Gun because it would make more sense due to the Cavalry Archer being the replacement for the Dragoon and it would also be a good idea to see the voice set change to the Heavy Cannon as well in which the Heavy Cannon speaks the same the voice set as the Great Bombard because the Great Bombard is the replacement for the Heavy Cannon.

and Silk Road card for faster shipment

yeh, Ottoman rely on shipment cards and therefore EXP resource from trading route, this characteristic reveals well its historical feature of controlling trading route between west and east, but also make it highly rely on certain maps

All maps are going to be reworked to include a trade route apparently. So may be less of an issue in the future

Where did you hear this?

Someone on the forum. Mentioned in the pup/patch notes apparently

1 Like

Yes, that was a miscommunication.

1 Like

Oh good, I like non trade route maps sometimes

In short, you will always have a guaranteed TP for experience, so Spain, Ottomans and Germans no longer have that disadvantage.