Out of sync in replay

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44834.0 6148570
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Replay of today game (played 2-3 hours ago) is “out of sync” at 16:35 (worldtime 995533). Game itself was absolutely ok. “Out of sync” happened only in replay.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

I tried this replay 4 times. All 4 times it fails at different timestamps.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Single player → load game → replay → watch on high speed.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Replay finishes exactly when one side resigns (all the team).

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

MP_Replay_v101.101.44834.0_2021.01.30_163127_2.aoe2record (3.1 MB)

10 Likes

happened to me as well. the out of sync in the replay happens exactly when in the game i placed a house over an enemy lubercamp (that i hadnt scouted).

2 Likes

Same issue happening with me with the attached rec (played today.) Also on the same build version, steam, and Windows 10. For me the desync occurs at 33:11 in-game time. I watched it once successfully (the second time I tried) but the other 3 times it desynced at the above time. I got a similar message to the original poster.
Relating to what @BubblyMango3400 said, in that game red was trying to place a forward castle on blue, which was blocked by buildings of blue that red hadn’t scouted yet, so that’s a possible angle of investigation.desync3311.aoe2record (3.5 MB)

Yep happened to me too. Almost every game I watch either out of sync or just crashes to the desktop.

1 Like

This has happened in many of my replays as well. It has only happened since the update right before the expansion.

1 Like

im getting the issue as well.

Same here. I haven’t been able to finish the replay of any one of my online games I played after the patch.

1 Like

Looking at the screenshot you have destroyed the essence of the game with mods, where is the terrain for god’s sake?

1 Like

As AbruptTarsier10 already said, the replay game crashes when someone tries to place a building on a spot that is already occupied by another building. This happens if the area was scouted, but in the meantime the enemy is already building there.

Replay crashes at 32:01 ingame time
MP Replay OutOfSync.aoe2record (3.7 MB)

1 Like

This is one of the issues I faced as well. I thought I was the only one.

Can confirm this happens in both replays and spectate mode.

1 Like

Another upload with the same issue.

MP Replay v101.101.44834.0 @2021.02.03 003745 (3).aoe2record (4.7 MB)

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Version 101.101.44834.0 6148570

Multiplayer match against AI (about 1 hr long). When I load the replay to watch, it stops suddenly about 13 min into the replay. Quit game and relaunched. Replayed the same match and was able to watch a little longer. Replay stopped around 34 min. Each time, got the same message: “Out of sync replaying game. This is usually caused by incompatible game version or data being used. Replaying stopped.” This happened after the latest update. Have not experienced it before.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Try replaying any match and see if you can view the entire match from start to finish.!

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

• GAME BUILD #: Version 101.101.43210.0 5867313 (the november hotfix build)
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, latest update

Watching the recorded game of Gajah Mada mission 2 desyncs the recorded game at 3:15 every time you try to watch it, making you unable to progressing watching the recorded game further, giving you the error message:

“Out of sync replaying game. This is usually caused by incompatible game version or data being used. Replaying stopped. worldtime: 194821”.

The error message shown doesn’t make sense because I am using the latest version of the game, and not using any data mods.

Every time

steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play Gajah Mada Mission 2, stay in the game for at least 3 and a half minutes
  2. Resign, watch recorded game
  3. Recorded game suddenly desyncs at 3:15 with the message “Out of sync replaying game. This is usually caused by incompatible game version or data being used. Replaying stopped. worldtime: 194821”.

1. Play Gajah Mada Mission 2, stay in the game for at least 3 and a half minutes
  2. Resign, watch recorded game
  3. Recorded game succesfully watched to finish without desync

SP Replay v101.101.43210.0 @2021.01.21 192507.aoe2record (803.7 KB)

We had the exact same problem about 3 times yesterday while trying to rewatch a recorded game for a stream (showmatch). It broke three times on different timestamps, always with the same message like shown in the post above (different worldtimes though).
It obviously happened after the january patch and the respective hotfix (lithuanian relic fix etc.).
MP Replay v101.101.44834.0 @2021.01.29 224650 (1).aoe2record (3.7 MB)

• GAME BUILD: 44725

If you watch a recorded game and eactivate Fog of War to see the whole map the game wil desync and stop playing the rec.

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

1. Start a random rec
  2. Untick Fog of war to reveal all of the map
  3. wait till it desyncs

The rec should play normal

Use any rec you have and try out

• GAME BUILD #: January 2021 patch / hotfix

Game goes out of sync when spectating a match

One out of two matches have this problem

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

1. Just spectate a game. Doesn’t seem you have to do much to force the bug

I hope this helps, if someone has already posted this, feel free to delete my post. Thank you.

I was having FFA community games and the games went out of sync 3 of them in a row (some more last week) so we decided to see what could be the reason and (apparently) we found it.

• GAME BUILD #:
    101.101.44834.0 6148570
  • GAME PLATFORM:
    Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 10

Usually this happens in FFA games and in 2v2v2v2 because in team games or 1v1s this situations are not usual, when you (Player A) is trying to escape to find a new base and you place foundations of something in a place that already has the LOS of Player B’s unit (not building) and Player B gets to see the “dust” of the building, the game goes OOS.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS) when this happens

1. Play multiplayer FFA, 2v2v2, Diplomacy or other kind of non-common game settings with at least 3 teams present
  2. Explore the map (or use explored)
  3. Build something in an already explored area where an opponent has LOS of a UNIT (after at least some time into the game, not inmediately and the opponent has to have particles on apparently to see the “dust”)
  4. OOS

No OOS

:arrow_forward: VIDEO OF HOW WE FOUND THE PROBLEM

Desync moments (just look at this timelines, I was not able to cut the everything)

• Game 1: 6:19
  • Game 2: 10:58
  • Game 3: 24:34

*MP Replay v101.101.44834.0 @2021.02.02 112700 (1).aoe2record (2.2 MB) MP Replay v101.101.44834.0 @2021.02.02 120038 (1).aoe2record (2.4 MB) MP Replay v101.101.44834.0 @2021.02.02 123653 (1).aoe2record (1.9 MB)

3 Likes

The same happened when trying to watch a corruent game .

I have the exactly same problem. Games were played without any problems.
But record games are getting all Out of sync