Patch notes 2023-04-12?

patch notes 2023-04-12 are where?
thx!

1 Like

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-of-empires-ii-definitive-edition-update-81058/

4 Likes

Those are some excellent awards.

1 Like

Patch notes says: " * Jaguar Warrior (Elite) pierce armor increased from 1 :arrow_forward: 2"
But it still is 1 for both, standard and Elite. I misunderstood that?

Haven’t gotten around to test it, but if Elite Jaguar Warrior has 1 PA, then it’s a bug. It should have 2.

Might be worth checking other changed UUs to see if their change came through as well then.

I like most of the changes. Jag and ETK ones are fine.

Hate what they did with Samurai though (-10 Food cost)…yeah, they needed something, but IMO this was the lamest possible way to go about buffing them, especially when they randomly gave Shotels a cool new gimmick that could have had an awesome parallel on Samurai (resist UU damage). Instead of a unit that’s actually decent vs. ranged UUs or a stronger flagship unit for the Japanese, we got a Wal-Mart Jaguar. I was hoping they’d eventually do something to differentiate Samurai from champs, but now they’re even more similar. I guess I’ll take the situationally improved cost-effectiveness, but the creative bankruptcy of this change is disappointing.

4 Likes

Maybe you were playing on old patch, restart the game. I see Elite Jaguars having 2 Pierce Armor right now.

2 Likes

I already restart several times. I have all changes in the tech trees… but Jags still have +1 PA. I don’t know

1 Like

Have you actually downloaded the new patch? IDK - I took a quick look in a Post-Imp Skirmish, Elite Jaguars had two PA baseline as described.

Serjeants now cost officially as much as a TK, which must be a joke. Improved every infantry UU in the game but them which already are worse than some of those that are getting buffed. They all deserved this buff for which i am super Happy, but man why devs hate sicilians that much?

Great change! Glad that Jaguar/ Teutonic Knight/ Woad got something and Chinese start change has cancelled.
I think only thing lacking is certain buff to Koreans/ Vietnamese.

4 Likes

I liked some changes, like Spanish , Bengalis and Dravidians. But i still don’t understand what they did to portugueses. Can someone explain me? Viking was also very good.

Teutons changes must be joke. Who cares 30 gold tk while your champs have 6/6 armor and faster speed ?

Why change something too much if it is already balanced?
Teuton Civ is neither OP nor UP.

1 Like

Basically organ guns are significantly worse against buildings, in low numbers, and against units with high pierce armor. They’re somewhat better against large groups of lower-PA units, but the net change is that they were nerfed a fair bit.

1 Like

Chinese no change on initial villagers.

I reported on the subreddit a few months ago about the Lithuanian campaign having audio issues where the narration and the slides were out of sync and the narration would be cut off as a result. One of the devs actually said that they were now tracking the issue. It seems my report paid off, and the issue is now fixed.

2 Likes

that is intentional, they even specifically state that Chinese have no changes in the patch notes now.

I’ll flex on this. I’ve proposed this change for years now.

Jokes aside, after Gambeson was added I also proposed +1MA on top of the food cost reduction.

How? Serjeant costs 60f/35g. TK costs 85f/30g. Serjeant cost should be a bit lower which I agree. Especially after Gambeson.