Pathing at Deleted Converted Building Foundations

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 45185
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Unit pathing acts as if buildings are still there when a converted building is deleted. Units take long paths around instead of walking directly through where deleted building was.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Convert enemy building.
  2. Delete converted building.
  3. Command units to move past the deleted converted building.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Pathing should act normally as if no building is there.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

None

2 Likes

This also happens with converted gates in campaign missions when they are either converted while locked or converted from a non-allied faction. The pathfinding considers the gates as impassable, even after deleting them. This makes certain missions such as Kyoto or Dos Pilas almost unplayable.

So what I believe to happen there is that, when a building is converted, for some reason, the game stores some information about the state of the building at the time of conversion. And this information messes up pathfinding if the state of the building is then changed after conversion (because the pathfinding still thinks the building is in the exact state it was at the point of conversion, more specifically: the point immediately before being converted).

I also had this bug on Hautevil 3. Destroyed the pruple dock in the walled city in northeast of map. So I was thinking I could hop back into my transports, that can be where the dock was. But they refused to and went somewhere else (assuming dock still being there they would have been correct)… lost a couple of cav to these op 7/10 healing units .-.

Exactly what I’m experiencing now. Wonder how they make new bugs after patches even though the bugs are not related to patches.

This also happens with bridges on the Tarig 1 campaign. I can also confirm the gate issue on Dos Pilas. It appears that if you have your units close enough to the former gate location they will move through it but only if you click just past it otherwise they treat it as a wall. The AI also treat it as impassable as well.

1 Like

Happened with me on Cyprus yesterday. Very annoying.

Same problem. Ivaylo level 3 is almost unplayable. Units don’t want to leave the city in the north of the map, even after the gates are destroyed. They don’t want to pass through the gates.