Patrol and attack move behave unexpectecd, if villagers and military are selected

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 7314341
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
If villagers and military units are selected together, the patrol and attack command does not behave as expected.

• Ordering the build command, the command applies only to the villagers and the military units are not effected, as expected
  • Ordering the attack command, the command applies to the military as expected. But it also gives a move command for the villager to head to the target location of the attack command, which is not expected.
  • Ordering the patrol command by hotkey does not have an effect for either villagers or military, wich is not expected

The patrol command is not shown on the command panel, but the attack command is shown.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a rm match vs ai
  2. Build barracks and train militia
  3. Put villagers and militia in a group
  4. Use the commands described above

There need to be unique hotkeys for (military-)build, patrol, attack

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The build command is accessible by hotkey and only effects villagers.
The attack command is accessible by hotkey and only effects military.
The patrol command is accessible by hotkey only effects military.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hey @UnfamousScout ,
thanks a lot for this report, we are now tracking the issue.
Have a nice day

1 Like

Thanks for the tracking, whatever that means 11

I can’t recall if this behaviour of mixed military and villagers was the same for all versions of DE.

I recall setting up my hotkeys for the purpose to use patrol, if villagers are also selected. But that might have been on userpatch.