Patroling doesn't work

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #:101.101.43210.0 5867313
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
While patroling my army(archers) in an enemy army, my army doesn’t attack but just moves. After the second patrol half of the army attacked, half kept moving.
While patroling knights in an enemy army, knights that are on the outside(1 ally knight between him and enemy unit)don’t search for a way to hit enemy, they just stand there as if they would be on stand ground stance.
Same goes for all stable units. Have not seen it in infantry because i don’t use it as often but there is a high chance that there is an issue there as well.

Melee units when patroled in do not hit the enemy even if next to enemy unit(happens less often, mostly in late game, when lag starts)

The archer thing is in attached video 25th-27th minute, blue archers v red archers. Blue(me) patroled in my archers. First they don’t attack they just move past them, after repatroling half of the army attacks and half keeps moving.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Have an army
  2. Patrol it in an enemy army(especially v archers)
  3. Watch knights not moving and not hitting(even when next to enemy unit)
  4. Curse devs and rage quit(jk you’re doing a good job)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
You would not lose half an army to bugs.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
MP Replay v101.101.43210.0 @2021.01.08 213437 (4).aoe2record (2.4 MB)

1 Like

Yup, having the same issue with patrol and attack move