- BUILD #: v.201.12.1840.0
- PLATFORM: Steam
- OS: Windows 10
In the legacy hotkey setup of the version of the game mentioned, pressing F7 while in a game would normally pause the it. Resetting the hotkey for pausing the game and binding the function to a new key, however, simply results in both F7 and the new key being able to pause the game. Furthermore, binding F7 to a new function results in the new function AND pausing the game occuring when F7 is pressed, even if the menu shows that the keybinding has no conflicts.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
- Enter the hotkey menu and change the hotkey layout to Legacy
- “Allow conflicts” can be on or off. it doesn’t matter
- Under “Game World Hotkeys,” change “Pause/Unpause Gameplay” to anything other than F7
- Bind F7 to any other function (I use it for “Find Mill/Rice Paddy”)
- Exit the menu, making sure to save the changes to the hotkey setup
- Press F7 and see if the game is paused.
In my example, pressing F7 with a mill/rice paddy built would select that building.
With the bug, the building is selected AND the game is paused.