PCGAMESN: people are worrying for the AOE4 graphic

Feel free to share this imagine from DE2, or are you just making that up to make a point?

They did age well(DE looks really good) but compared to other games they aren’t very good

For sure later games have better graphics … God forbid, but the AoE II one does not seem bad at all, indeed for me it has a practically immortal style …

Another game that has aged well is RoN which in fact has a fairly similar style

2 Likes

That is because the graphis was realistic and good from the get go, it was so good that it remains beautiful,rustic and realistic even to this day. DE just improved on that and in doing so increaced the loggevity of the games graphics.

IV from the get go has a certain style that is not focused on historical realism nor rustic beauty but instead focusus on ease of identification in the hopes that it will make the game easier for moblie game playing 6 year olds to get into and play. Tiny rats whos parents have losts of money love cartoon trash like fortnight , and in attempting to appease that market, the devs hope to cash in and achieve vast amounts of sales to said 6year olds.

I for one dispise this desision and will not be buying this game.
Rather give me more DE content any day.

3 Likes

It looks good because its 2d. 2d games age really well compared to 3d games(especially the early 3d games). Furthermore its much easier to make good looking 2d games compared to good looking 3d games and it’s computationally less demanding aswell.

Im really looking forward to AoE4 as a 24 year old person who despises fortnite(“fortnight”) and cartoonish stuff in general. I still can’t understand how people can compare this game to AoEOnline or fortnite and believe that it looks the same… maybe i have to visit my ophthalmologist.

I don’t think you are.

It was an ironical statement. Sorry if you didn’t understand It.

1 Like

He was being sarcastic

I posted that before I clicked on the link so I guess that’s why I didn’t get it at first.

I don’t think so.

Are you kidding me? Lol, wow dude

I agree that the graphics of AOE 4 is similar to mobile game graphics but is more detailed and still looks good for me. Its graphics looks more realistic compare to the graphics of Dota 2 or League of Legends. The graphics of AOE 4 looks great for me :slightly_smiling_face: