Peer to peer

Hi Huge AOE fan i played it since i was a kid and every other RTS. But i always had a problem with peer to peer connection i don’t live i any of the more Popular regions like EU, NA and usually have a trouble finding a game with good ping and have issues with ports in AoE or AoM. making multiplayer pretty much unplayable. However in games like starcraft i dont have any problems. Was wondering if there will be a severs if it is even possible or if any one else in none major regions have these problems?

I believe we are using the Xbox servers so we shouldn’t have an issue. I also live far away from those regions hehe

Yeah, the game will be using Xbox Live…so I guess we might get matchmaking? We have to wait and see, but P2P would be a bit of a cop-out for a Definitive Edition, no?

Really hoping for servers can finally play aoe online i think i have spent more time in lobbys than game so far XD

I used to have a great time on GameRanger RoR, though now all my friends on there are gone and it seems to be filled with “pros” or Vietnam or Korean people who’s noob games are not noob :smiley:

@RWNorthPole said:
Yeah, the game will be using Xbox Live…so I guess we might get matchmaking? We have to wait and see, but P2P would be a bit of a cop-out for a Definitive Edition, no?

I wouldn’t mind having P2P as an option for that long, long “down the road” moment when the XBox servers no longer support the game and we still have friends we want to play against.