People Crawl After Death!

After he dies this soldier slowly crawls away from the battle. I feel sad for him. The developers talked about players growing attached to troops and seeing them celebrate when they win battles and whisper when hiding in forests. I didn’t realize we’d feel bad watching them take their final breaths too. You can watch it yourself in the youtube video.

22 Likes

wow, that actually IS quite interesting :smiley: also makes units like konniks basically impossible because of visibility. But I like it.
Cant wait for a boody mod to add to that, although I will say, I quite like the bloodless version

4 Likes

Watching the poor soldiers crawl as they die is even more impactful than seeing them bleed. i do miss OG AoE2 blood and corpses a little.

2 Likes

so people can crawl in agony just before death arrives but the game can’t show a drop of blood.
right.

1 Like

you dont watch them die technically, you watch them disappear :stuck_out_tongue: corpses were fun though, yes. but necessary, no :smiley:

2 Likes

This Is a really cool feature. I really like It because It improves the realism.

4 Likes

Hey dude, there’s another good example at minute 42:45. You can see It clearly

2 Likes

I was just diverting the attention to the unreasonable lack of blood, despite having the game portray the gruesome and more realistic nature of war in other ways like crawling before death. - which yes - it looks good.

Lack of any blood is ridiculous, yeah. Maybe they have a toggle option or will do a gore/blood DLC like Total War games (hopefully it isn’t as brutal at Total War)

1 Like

I mean, making people crawl in agony before their thread of life gets cut off is already a mature, gruesome depiction of a battlefield :smiley: Was it such a big step to add some blood in it? it’s really silly, just to p1ss off the hardcore fans

And yes, I wish for a Blood DLC so bad. I dont even mind paying a couple of bucks for it.

2 Likes

This is exactly what I was wishing for! And a bit of blood would make this battle scene complete.

1 Like

Not having blood is a plus for me . I don’t think I’ll ever be able to even see the game if they add realistic blood .
I’m pretty sure blood is toogleable ingame or at least there will be mods to add blood for hemophyles

1 Like

Why would you not be able to see the game?

Hemophobic [char Limit]

1 Like

There is the same thing in Coh2, and in Coh2 crawling units add a little vision around them until they die, but of course enemy player can finish them out.

If they do add blood (hopefully they do) it won’t be Warhammer or Ancestors legacy level