Performance and benchmarks

Welp, it allows you to play all ranked game modes, and it’s quite above the 1000, so it sounds decent.

No, it is too good, makes people jealous.

My benchmark score with v-sync is now 1097.7 in build “101.101.35584.0 4714640”. Very decent increase :+1:

1 Like

Well, another major update, another benchmark test.

Erhm… hmm… blank score?!?

Well, guess I just discovered a bug. They patched an issue where the text on the score result box wasn’t translated to portuguese, but introduced a new bug where the score result come blank. XD

Changing to english language, I got a score of 1282 without v-sync and 1278 with. Same range as before.

In the other hand, I’m glad to see that the game performance is genuinely improving for more modest setups.

Build 35584, same settings as above on the topic.

1 Like

I wonder if that is the max achievable score? I had 1286.2 on Jan 14th, and had 1286.2 again yesterday. Surely, one cannot have perfectly the same two different times across two different patches, right? Would be very coincidental. My guess is that 1286.2 might be the max achievable score, thus, resulting in the same score twice… Unless there’s a higher one out there that I haven’t seen?

AlexM on Discord reported having score over 1600.

What?! Is AlexM running it on some military grade hardware or something?? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t remember exactly, but he has very powerful computer.
Not supercomputer though. Would be interesting what is the highest score ever achieved in this benchmark and by which hardware :desktop_computer:

2 Likes

He’s completely lying. The benchmark caps out at 1400.

Could you explain this further? How do you know about the cap?

Maybe he already tested with this

4 Likes

Same set up for me. I hit 1230 in currect patch.
Standaard settings ingame. I did not change any options in AoE II DE.

I have the exact same config as you and with enhanced graphics on I get around 1100

Everything below is with the enhanced graphics turned on.

My gaming PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
5700 XT
1080p, ranked benchmark score 1282.3 with view fully zoomed out
With the view set to 60% zoom, 1286.2, which exactly equals the score in a post above suggested as the highest possible score.
The entire PC consumes 133W running the benchmark test fully zoomed out.
This PC runs the game at over 200fps at the start of a single player game.

My normal desktop PC has a 4k screen, and I’d rather play on that than my gaming PC, so I recently bought a Palit GTX 1650 KalmX graphics card for that, which is a low power fanless card. I’m quite stunned by how well the game runs on it.
i7 6700T
GTX 1650
1080p, ranked benchmark score 1191.0 with view fully zoomed out, i.e. same settings as the gaming PC scores 1282.3 with.
4k with AA on, ranked benchmark score 1178.9.
The entire PC consumes 75W running the benchmark test at 1080p vs the gaming PC 133W at the same settings.
The entire PC consumes 86W running the benchmark test at 4k.
This PC runs the game at around 100fps in 4k at the start of a single player game.

2 Likes

On latest build (36906), my performance is a lot more sluggish/choppy framerate. The last two times I ran the benchmark test I got 1286.2 (previous builds), but today I got 1048.6. Wonder what’s happening.

UPDATE: Fixed! I just re-ran and got 1286.2 again. At least my PC is consistent, lol.

• The problem was I accidentally enabled my CPU for gaming, etc. rather than my GPU. So my video card wasn’t being used.
  • I had connected my monitor to an HDMI port that wasn’t attached to my GPU and enabled a setting in the BIOS that allowed that HDMI port to work. In the process, I didn’t realize I was, essentially, entirely circumventing my GPU.
  • After I undid these things, all was well and I’m using my GPU again.
1 Like

Another patch, a new benchmark test.

Score stopped from 1220-1230 to 1150. I have no clue why the score stopped.

1 Like

I skipped benchmarking at build 36906, but here I am now.

Every setting the same as ever. Build 37650.
1238, the same result from two consecutive tests. It’s about a 40 point decrease from last time, but I’m pretty sure I won’t see any difference in my general performance, despite a slightly lower score.

1 Like

1297.6 with latest build and mods enabled (incl. Corpses mod). That’s nice! A little better than 1286.2 I kept getting :slight_smile:

Update: Got 1301.3 with…

• Mods disabled (incl. corpses mod)
  • DoF enabled @ 100% instead of OFF
  • Bloom @ 100% instead of 64%
  • Animate Fog @ 100% instead of 34%
  • Animate Fog Border at 100% instead of 50%
  • Vignette ON instead of OFF
1 Like

Got 1305 with a ryzen 3100 and rx570 RIP INTEL

1 Like

Hi estadozen, welcome to the forums!

Mind adding up to the post your game settings as well?

The settings are those i used

1 Like