Persia civ suggestion

I doubt they will but we can’t be sure and it is nice to dream. At least here we are making it clear to the devs that Persia is the one Asian civ we all want. After the African expansion they will read this topic, realize how much we want Persia, and then add Brazil.

3 Likes

A bit of a childish approach with this.

The developers added the USA. It is difficult to talk. Who wants to buy it, who wants to get it for free in the event. That’s cool on the part of the creators.

USA added and that’s it. You have to live with it. Simply now, we players have the right to require other civs that are definitely more suited to the AoE 3 timeframe.

I didn’t want this civ. I don’t think it makes sense to be in this game, but

You have to accept it.

1 Like

I don’t know why devs ignore this country .

6 Likes

Looking at this map, the Omani (or Arabs) would ideally cover the gap on the Arabian Peninsula (it could also represent the North African states like Egypt, Libya etc).

4 Likes

This map perfectly shows what great powers we lack in this game.

9 Likes

I’m not a Expert or have any first hand knowledge about the land but, This is based on what so ever I have known about the land:

It has always been diverse culturally and have very harsh terrain, and been one of the first few starting civilisations, and they have been Zoroastrian/Farsi for most of parts, but later occupied and turned into battle ground for so many centuries and almost in every era!

And Until the dust settles, it was Conquered/Influenced by Arabs and other Middle eastern powers and divided into what we can roughly say is today’s, Iran and the other half as Afghanistan

But for most of the part the real (Persian) Archmid Empire is long gone and the Zoroastrian culture flew away to east, and for a very large part of History its been a battle ground for the Central Asian, Indian and Middle Eastern Powers

I would Probably Suggest Persians be better suited for Aoe2 “better”, than they are suited for aoe3, as the Colonisation/Timeline doesnt suit much to aoe3, rest upto devs

But it was one of the 3 major Islamic gunpowder empires in AOE III era beside ottomans & mughals .

2 Likes

Dude, there were 3 huge Persian dynasties in AoE3’s timeframe, that fought the British, the Omani, the Russians, the French, the Dutch, the Portuguese, the Mughals and the Ottomans.
Saffavids, Afsharids and Qajars were huge local powers in Asia.

Persians were still a huge empire in AoE3, even if Islamic. They actually destroyed Portuguese presence in the Arabian Peninsula, hobbled the Sultan of Zanzibar (which had almost managed to kick the British out of the Indian Ocean), had gigantic conflicts with the Ottomans, almost conquered Mughal India, and then helped defend it against the British.

You only need to read up on Abbas the Great (or Abbas I) and Nader Shah, to know the Persians truly belong in AoE3.
They were actually a much bigger player in the world stage, than the Mughals or Qing China.

In fact, they tried to make an alliance with the Holy League, in Europe, to attack the Ottoman Empire from both fronts, and if it was not because the HRE backed off due to internal turmoil, and Spain was much more interested in the New World than anything in Eastern Europe, historians believe it could have likely been the end of the Turks entirely.

13 Likes
5 Likes

Amazing concept and I hope Persia with the same treatment as USA either unlockable by challenges or DLC.
I would love to see the Turcoman Horse Archer as the dragoon type unit, with an extremely fast attack, but with weaker stats than other ranged cavalry (like AOE2 Cuman Kipchaks).

4 Likes

Thanks a lot my friend :pray:t2::+1:t2::pray:t2:

It is possible to see them but zamburak is a must for the Persians

1 Like

One of the reasons that adding persia is not very hard for devs is because of the presence of India in game . Many Persian buildings are similar to the Mughal buildings like town centers - houses - rice paddies… they just need a little change in their colours ( I mentioned these in topic above ) some Chinese & Japanese buildings & architectures are similar in AOE III , this can be key for persias & indians. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

And the English language that became the common medium of communication between the various Indian Languages.

1 Like

and stopping the wars in the subcontinent. but i guess we only count the people britain is responsible for killing and not the millions who would have died in small local wars.

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

The Gholam could be an Age 2 Rifleman, as the Crossbow is to the Skirmisher for Euro civs.

2 Likes

Could work a bit like the age 2 US skirmisher whos name I keep forgetting for some reason. But then the actual age 3 skirmisher would need a unique mechanic of some sort to differentiate them. To avoid just having 2 skirmishers.

2 Likes

There are options:
-Longer Range and lower RoF line USA Sharpshooter.
-Different damage multipliers, such as extra damage to Artillery instead of Light Cavalry.
-Special abilities, like Forest Prowler stalk mode.
-One costs Wood and Food, and the other costs Food and Coin.
-Different resistances, such as one having Melee Resistance instead of Ranged.

1 Like

Jazayerchi was very important unit in Persian army & they had jazayer muskets with superior range . I want them to be age 3 skirmishers with very high moving speed so we can use some hit and run tactics with them to avoid some artillery fire or enemy hand cavalry ( when they see cav , they can run and back near Tofangchi musketeers to defend them against cav)

2 Likes