Persian Architecture

Touch what exactly? What hppened?

They tweaked the Mongol hunt bonus, and gave them Steppe Lancer.

Mongols are an interesting case. They fractured into 4 khanates. 3 of them converted into Islam, another one is the Yuan. Mongols unique unit the Mangudai is actually named after Mangghud tribe which established the Nogai-Horde (preceded by Golden Horde), the Golden Cape worn by the Mangudai is a symbolic to Altan-Ode. This region is located in Pontic-Caspian Steppe.
The Mongol Campaign has only one mission in China, while the rest is in Central Asia and Europe. It is understandable since AoK was basically based on Europe.

True, but the Islamicized Mongols are represented by the Tatars, while modern Mongolia has clearly East Asian-looking architecture, due to the influence of China and Tibet on its culture.

2 Likes

Which is why we need a Tibetans Civilisation next and a build set they can share with Mongols. Like how the Vietnamese use a East Asian set (I hope to see a Chinese build set soon).

Ahhh what really bugs me is that so many people already made these awesome architecture sets for HD that looked really really good and professional. The work is pretty much already done, it just needs to now be converted to the new animation style with the collapsing animation etc
 Why can’t Microsoft just hire the people that made those sets and implement their work? Why don’t they see how much better their game would be with this attention to detail?

1 Like

Mongols in the game is Medieval Mongols, not modern one.
I can understand that some Western people cannot figure out the difference of architecture between Asians country. In the fact, every east Asians architecture was different from each others, especially Mongols nomads. You would not make all the European civ in one set right? Making east Asians in only one set doesn’t make the sense.

Also, there are many east Asian civ worth being introduced, like Jurchens and Tibetans.

The Yuan Mongols were heavily influenced by Tibet, as was the Mongol capital of Karakorum and subsequent Mongols dynasts during the Ming period. That is sufficient for them to share a build set with the Tibetans if, and when they are added. The Tibetans could also be used to represent the Tanguts and/or Dali Kingdom.

I think the reason they won’t do that is because it makes the game considerably larger than necessary, especially since Definitive Edition is already way bigger than HD.

At the very least though, they could remaster a small handful of the unique architecture sets and then switch things around a little. They could give the Byzantines and Bulgarians the unique Byzantine architecture (and possibly save it for a future Georgians civilization as well), remaster the Russian architecture (giving them the current Imperial Age Eastern European buildings), and make a few changes to the regular Eastern European architecture so that the Magyars and Lithuanians (and possibly a future West Slavs civilization) have the old, Catholic-looking Monastery and have more consistently-colored Imperial Age buildings. Meanwhile, the Mongols, Huns, and Cumans could all share a single Nomadic architecture set based on one of the Mongols/Huns Independent Architecture sets.

2 Likes

Yea I don’t buy this
 they could just make it an optional download and be done with it. Whoever wants the extra content can download it, whoever doesn’t can play the old architecture sets.

As if it were that easy to convert them, no it isn’t

1 Like

Welp, they did just that for the current Indian set before it was official: they made the Indian’s middle eastern set different from the other so that people could download the mod.

I mean it isn’t possible to convert modded architecture sets from HD to DE directly. Each model will need recreating to render them properly.

Yea I am not suggesting it is easy. But obviously the artists already have the designs and given the right tools and with the correct know how I cant imagine it being impossible converting those designs to the new system. So its much better to do that than to have to come up with everything from scratch.

I guess capital constraints is the reason why they are not making it.

Bump to this thread.

1 Like

Agreed, the architecture should be what you said but in imp

Remember, this architecture came after Tatars invaded Persia.

So, Feudal and Castle should be the same, then move to the latter on Imp imho

1 Like

This needs to happen ASAP, there is no reason to not change Persians architecture to the MORE accurate one which is literally there in the game, and they should change it in Imp only to the Central Asian set, or wholly to the central asian set.

Great recollection of actual History, It should happen as @ArshiaAghaei suggests.

1 Like

Central Asian suits them best but Middle Eastern is also fine imo. I don’t agree with the South Asian one, it’s too different from the style Persians actually had.

Guess an architecture set change is worth pitching to the devs depending on how popular the request is.

Out of the current civs I’d be cool with Burmese getting it.

The dome is an iconic Persian architectural design, the Arabs actually appropriated the design and applied it to their mosques after invading Persia and so the style spread to other parts of the Islamic world. It didn’t come to Persia with the Tatars.

2 Likes