Persistent "red-clock" lag appearing randomly

Game Version:

• Build: 36906
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: HavaraKadabara

Issue:

Since the last update (or the server maintainance, I am not sure) I sometimes get a little red clock icon over my name and the game stutters horribly. It happens roughly every 5-8 games and makes it quite unplayable, I’ve only ever managed to get 2 games where either my opponent or me didn’t gg because of the lag, in those games however it went away around castle age. DE multiplayer worked swimmingly for me before with no issues whatsoever. This is all in 1v1 RM ranked queue if that matters, I don’t play any other modes enough to know if it happens there as well. I’ve monitored my internet while the lag is happening and my connection seems to be fine as well. Closing other programs that were running in the backround didn’t seem to help either and neither did a reinstall

Reproduction Steps:

Unfortunately I have not yet figured out any common denominator in the lagging games, to me it appears to be quite random.

ATTACHMENTS:

I don’t think screenshots or video of the issue is productive as it would just be a stuttering game and the red clock icon, however I’ve attached my DxDiag in case the problem is specific to my hardware. However it started only very recently so I don’t know how likely that is.
:heavy_check_mark: DxDiag.txt (90.4 KB)

Just bumping this post since I the bug persists and I have not seen anyone addressing it or seen it in the ongoing investigations.

Now that there is a new build available (39284), are you still seeing issues aside from the periodic skips (a separate issue we are addressing). If so:

• On what multiplayer server are you normally connecting, and from where?
  • If you create a custom match or AI match, do you see the same results?
  • Do you have a save game or replay file of a match where you encountered the issue?
  • Would you be willing to generate an advanced network log for the team to review?

Let me know, and thanks for the report!

Oof, I apologise for the late answer, however the issue dissappeared and I wasn’t expecting this to receive anymore attention. In any case, no more lag for me, thanks for the response.

1 Like