Petition to PLEASE add these when Dawn of the Dukes arrive

Add more gaia natural / decoration objects in the “other” section of the map editor, for example in the picture above it’s a semi realistic US diplomacy map, and I’d love if we could get more mountain types as well as other natural structures that fit more with these real world maps, maybe if you guys could add longer mountains to make them work as some sort of “natural” barriers

an example of these can be seen in AOE2HD mods like these

Or maybe not only gaia objects, but new grass or desert texture types, there is so much potential for these real world maps but only if we are given the rigth tools, I do hope

keep in mind I am NOT saying we should pay $$$ to get them, but that they should come once the DLC arrives…

19 Likes

I want to see unique unit sprites for units using the same unit graphic eg heavy xbow and genoa xbow.It makes nicer scenarios and can identify units without having to click.

5 Likes

Agreed, that too!!!, would be really great to have.

1 Like

I honestly want new music, new real world maps and architecture sets.

8 Likes

I rather them having us give us tools to create world maps lol, let’s just say some of their world maps are questionable, choosing total balance over realism is quite weird

I want an official reskin mod with those scenario units

1 Like

Add more objects to every section of map editor.

Add non-hero glow version of each hero unit graphics for more usability by scenario designers.

3 Likes

I think the best motivation to create new architecture sets is the new civs. To add a Byzantine / Balkan set it would do with a new civ using it - the best option is Serbs civ.

After all, it is known that the creators also want to earn. Serbs civ could be a motivation to create a new set, similarly to Finns civ - North European set.

2 Likes

The same applies to other European architecture sets. That way, European civs would be nicer to look at. Later in the future there could be an Iberian set (added thanks to Aragonese / Catalan civ) and others such as Nomadic set, Andean set and more African and Asian sets.

3 Likes

I don’t think so. Georgians IMO are a generally wanted civ as this poll showcases:

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/poll-the-future-of-dlcs-and-what-would-you-like-them-to-see-on-them/154100/16

1 Like

Indeed.

My desire for when Caucasus DLC drops:
Civ Architecture alterations

The Chinese and Koreans their own Castle Architecture, the Japanese castle really doesn’t do them justice.

And for the Mongols + Huns we need Yurt houses (eventhough huns as standard can’t build houses) and nomadic architecture.

Georgia: New Caucasian set

Armenia: Caucasian ,ME Hybrid set

Byzantines+Sicilians Medi (Dark+Fudal), ME (Castle+Imp) Hybrid set

3 Likes

I don’t like mixed set. I’d just change once again Byz to the set Armenians and Georgians would use.

That could work as well, or a completely authentic architecture set like this:
It would be Byzantine Perfection:

What I would love to see as standard in game :scroll:

1 Like

On the topic of maps.
What I really really need for when I wish to play a specific Skirmish battle:

Region specific Random map options.

Please provide us with an OPTIONAL setting where you can select specific random map biomes based on region , for instance:

Arabia- Desert or Grass

Black forest: Oak forest (Northern European), Pine forest, Autumn , Winter (Snow)

Costal: Oak forest, Pine forest, Bamboo, Autumn, Cyprus trees (Grecko),Winter(Snow)Dessert,Jungle

Mediteranian: Oak forest, Pine forest, Bamboo, Autumn, Cyprus trees (Grecko),Winter(Snow)

Rivers: Oak forest,Pine forest, Bamboo, Autumn, Cyprus trees (Grecko),Winter(Snow),Dessert,Jungle

Gold Rush: Oak forest,Pine forest, Bamboo, Autumn, Cyprus trees (Grecko),Winter(Snow),Dessert,Jungle

And so forth.
This option should be togolable in the options section for those whom do not wish to use this.

1 Like

Caucasian civs needed Caucasian set. Caucasus is definitely different region than Eastern Balkans.

1 Like

damn this post still getting comments
(still hoping they did add atleast some new gaia stuff in the update)

2 Likes

oh well…not much but atleast it’s something, i wish they did add more gaia editor stuff tho

1 Like