Players smurfing issue

It’s exactly the same as telling a lower rated player to suddenly gain 500 elo… that was exactly the point.

Yes, it needs an improvement, that is for sure.

1 Like

It’s not wtf. To have a really good micro is only in pro level really important. If sb has 500 teamelo for example he probably lacks EVERYTHING. This guy maybe even builds skirms to fight scouts. So give this guy some knowledge and he will improve fast. Learning buildorders is also not that hard but will lead to the result that you 2 are not playing a completely different game anymore.

Not sure what life experience you have but no matter what you do(sports or whatever) you make the biggest progress always at the beginning. So no, making 500 elo at low elo is not the same as making 500 elo in “normal” elo or however you want to call it.

Sure, but if you’re bumping into pro players so super duper often, then you oughta learn something from them.

Moreover, not everyone has the time to play Age so much as to get above a certain threshold, even if they do enjoy playing the game on a regular basis.

You said you also played vs pro players some times.

Be 100% honest. How much did you learn from getting clapped by them?

And another question, because you are somebody who is against this range os badly.

May i ask which elo you are and the friends you are playing with?

The thing i “learn” from bumping into them is, that their macro and their micro is just a lot better than mine. Something i already know which is pretty hard to improve. I usually don’t lose, because i did the wrong unit or don’t know how to play 1 21 pop feudal.

I remember having this discussion with you already. Without rewatching your games you probably learn close to nothing…and even if you learn some things at some point you barely or you can’t improve anymore.

If i never do sports and start running every day i will be maybe done after 5minutes the first time. The 2nd time i will do a lot better. It is still most likely that i will not do as good as the best of the world even if i do it every day.

My current smurf elo is about 1100 TG :wink: and friends are between 1000 and 2000 TG

As for playing with pros, yes I actually have learned something from them, and sometimes I can give them at least enough difficulties not to get just instantly stomped in a flank v flank situation. Not always.

I manage to play with people of similar true rating as myself but not that often anymore. People have left the game

Yeah this answer doesn’t help at all. If you don’t give your “true rating” you might as well just give no rating at all.

Fact is smurfing is hitting this game badly, whether you want to believe it or not. If people like you want to defend the asian pros because they did “so much for the community”, fine…but don’t wonder when more people will stop playing this game because this is just toxic for the game.

They are not driving people away from this game. Maybe it’s just you. Lots of people are playing and loving this game. Cheating is different from just playing with donor on stream. No pros actually cheat.

And pros rarely smurf. Maybe they smurf 1 in 100 games. You see Hera Liereeyy amd Daniel team up against players 1000 elo below them. You also see DauT and Viper trolling on noobs. Hera once joined a random noob lobby too for some content. Vivi and Lyx play with their viewers for some content on stream. Whats wrong with that? Pros mostly still play with pros to keep themselves in shape.

1 Like

Yeah it’s just me, thats why other people are reviving these threads…trust me i don’t have several accounts on this forum.

Nobody said anything about viper, lierrey or hera. But the asians, especially vivi are doing it a LOT, whether you want to believe it or not. Someone even quoted the asian forum where they all say that they don’t care at all about this. 1 out of 100 games is just a simple lie.

and they are not just playing with viewers. It may be true that one guy is indeed most of the time a noob…but there was often an account with a rating below 2k rating and i can assure you, that he is a lot better than that.

The “content” they are doing is just getting as much points as possible. What is his rating by now? 4k at least i guess?

When it is just for content…how comes that they started doing it with the change of elo system? Let’s see if they do if, when they get 0 points(what he should get in the first place for a win) for a win and not +8 or whatever for beating a 2k elo player.

If you have no clue, maybe inform yourself before you talk.

Edit: His rating is 4.8k by now. 2nd has 3.9k. I don’t think there is sth to add.

To be honest this thread confuses me. This thread is about smurfing. My understanding of smurfing is that someone plays with an alternative account (for what ever reasons) that has a lower rating than the original account. From post number 2 onwards the discussion seemd to be about TG where high elo players team up with (much) lower elo players and that the current match making is not ideal for this set up. But this has nothing to do with smurfing and should be dealt in a separate thread in my opinion. It’s an issue of the match making for TG.

Only with the latest post I figured out that it seems to be about smurfing in combination with the match making of TG?

Yeah it’s a combination of both.

Following example:

Team 1: Player 1 has 3k teamelo
Player 2 has 1k teamelo(usually a smurf account)

Team 2:Player 1 has 2k teamelo
Player 2 has 2k teamelo

I have to add that the matchmaking is terrible in this regard. I guess it could also happen that they face 2x 1.5k elo players for whatever reason.

The chance of team 2 winning is … let’s say it’s very very low.

Now why is team 1 doing it? With the change of the elosystem player 1 gets the same amount of points as player 2 of the team. Meaning he will get at least 5(?) in most cases more points for a win over 2 players who are far below their actual level. This is why vivi for example has a rating of 4.8k in teamelo for beating people who are much worse than him, which is incredible stupid.

This leads to the current situation, where everyone starts boosting his elo with this strategy which leads to bad game experience.

Teamelo has become more of a meme than before

Can you guys stop taking the issue personal, just look at the top 15 on the fake tg ladder, all of them are playing with smurfs using low nicks, they should be banned ASAP, whether if its your idol vivi or whatever chinese guy, they are manipulating the ladder and should be punished.

If you start banning them, less players will be doing the same tactic.

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation. Now I get it

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more with it. They should follow rules, not the other way around. They don’t need a special treatment more than anyone else.

At the end brought the game itself the hype, not them. This game would still barely have players without de.

Your welcome

Then you REALLY should have read my previous post …

if we adjust the rating of the team using our suggestion with exponential scale :
team with 3k + 1k → the rating of the team is not 2k , but around 2k5 or 2k6.
Their opponents would be two players around 2k5 2k6 …

1 Like

Yeah, this would help but i think it’s not enough. I have seen accounts with 400 teamrating however u even get this…so this could still lead to problems, even if it would help a little.

I think if the top player of a team is so much higher than the average elo of the enemy team he shouldn’t get any points or maybe 1 point.

I mean at the end i don’t really care what they do but they HAVE TO do sth… and fixing this issue is way easier than alt+f4 or technical issues…so there is no excuse tbh.

The teamgame is unplayable at this point. 3 game sthis evening all of which were ruined by smurfs, the last one being A particularly obnoxious individual with an 87% win rate. You really have to question these individuals who do this garbage, like do you literally have no other form of validation in your sad meaningless existence, that curb stomping a bunch of people who play the game recreationally is the peak of your life

2 Likes

MBL, did u boosted another 887 accounts? :smiley:
Ther were already three MBLs in top3.

PS the saddest thing pro or top players do team smurfing. mb for some reasons but… still… (wint name names cause could be wrong)
And smurfing in 1-1 ranked for pro player is normal. Mb yes and mb they have some reasons, but… other stu… folks think that they could do the same((

You do realise I’m not “MBL “ right, they are my initials

1 Like