Playing the Wolf sound with triggers does not work

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 99311
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Many custom scenarios use the Wolf sound when some special event happens on the map. It works in both normal AoC and AoC HD, but does not work in DE.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a scenario, and add a trigger with a Play Sound effect, and write “…\scenario\Wolf” or “Wolf” to the Sound (Effect) Name textbox.
  2. Launch a game with the scenario. The sound effect won’t be played.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The game should play the Wolf sound when using the triggers in the attached example scenario.

play wolf.aoe2scenario (1.4 KB)

De uses new code names for in-game sound files (now in .wem format), and their names aren’t the same as in AoC or HD.

In DE, what you should reference in the trigger’s field would be “play_wolf_attack”.

Thanks for the fast answer. It worked, but this wolf attack sound is not the best for the purpose. Where can I find the .wem sound files which I can choose from?

You can check this document:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bczdFQksnbLnjI5zAkw-mSpb9MnnxxEkHDiz1PftIHw/edit#gid=1727116238

Use the Research option in the Edit tab, and check by key words for the corresponding code names.

Note: In-game, none of these code names are case sensitive, so you can write “PLAY_WOLF_ATTACK” or “play_wolf_attack” or “Play_Wolf_Attack” it doesn’t matter.

I have found the equivalent one: PLAY_SCENARIO_WOLVES