Please add option to disable auto attack for scouts on patrol

I want my scouts to patrol near the enemy base, but when they go chasing after everything including wildlife, it makes it basically pointless to use. Either the option to turn off auto attack or a separate ‘scout’ option would fix this.

6 Likes

I agree. Besides they should include scouts and monks from the select all military units shortcut.

2 Likes

Agree to both. Might as well add the Delhi fishing ships (or all ships) to the list of units to exclude from the all military hotkey.

In AoE2, units had ‘stances’ (i.e. aggressive, defensive, stand ground, and super pacifist and die if necessary). At the time, I never thought they would be that useful. Now that stances are missing, it’s clear what they could be used for.

1 Like

I really miss the AOE2 stance setting, it’s much better than the current AOE4 with just one standing still. Hope the devs add them back to the game.

1 Like

I used to think that AoE2 had too many options in its unit control menu - e.g. split formation - that I rarely used and stances - e.g. aggressive stance - that I never used. Now, I see their utility now that they’re missing in AoE4.

2 Likes

Yes, healers and scouts should be excluded from the select all military hotkey. Really annoying when I forget and all my prelates are leaving the resources I tasked them to.

1 Like

Exactly. It is especially annoying when monks carrying relics to churches or scouts who are patrolling stop their tasks and go with your military units you previously selected with the select all military units shortcut.