Please Add PAUSE for Accessability

I’ll clarify that active pause (which pauses but lets me look around and click on things, make build orders, and other things while the action is not moving) is what I was originally speaking about. Its not just about the tredmill though, I’m just a slow thinker and need it to take it all in when under attack.

4 Likes

Does the single player game have speed adjustment? I always used to play a bunch of older games on “slow” for the same reason.

2 Likes

No pause yet? I have seen pause in most RTS games. It’s necessary in tournament settings as well… When a player for example has a problem with their peripherals or is interrupted suddenly. If pros can and have made use of this feature for at least the last 20 years then why not have it now?

4 Likes

No! No! No!

This is a Real-Time-Strategy game!
There is no pause in it!
So stop requesting this feature…

AOE 2 and 3 and Company of Heroes 1, 2 and 3 all have active pause. Do you mean that they are not RTS?

Why not adding active pause just for solo games? It is a Pareto improvement. It does not hurt anyone.

For multiplayer games, a restriction on the number of pauses each player can use can be applied.

Actually I think this is a feature that should be added ASAP. Not having this feature prevent many players from enjoying this game.

2 Likes

Why does it bother you that other people can enjoy the game in a different way?

4 Likes

Don’t use it if u don’t want it. But let people use it if they want it. Their experience in single-player has ZERO effect on you, your life, your dog, or anything related to you.

Besides, there is a perfectly good explanation to implement active pause - if u are a real-life leader you have hundreds of advisors and generals to do your job. Here when I want to send three divisions to attack and have a whole city to manage in the meantime there is no way u can do it right.

It’s all applied to single-player mode.

1 Like

Agreed concerning the pause feature… but I think I’m more interested in footage of someone playing through AOE2 while on a treadmill.
I call bs! Pics or never happened! : P

Wasn’t there an RTS that can run on voice commands only? Halo Wars? One of the C&Cs? That’d be the perfect multi tasking game for the treadmill. Huff, puff and send your army in.

1 Like

to implement it would take additional resources to use instead of adding something fun and useful…
I want devs doing crucial bug fixes etc at the moment.

To us, active pause is the pre-requisite of having fun and it is a very useful feature.

A recent post in this forum shows that 82% players are in favor of this feature.

This feature is also one of the most popular requests in the steam forum.

1 Like

My message to devs is that there is a so-called “pause request” for multiplayer. If the opposing player accepts the pause, the game will stop and will have a maximum of 3 minutes of pause without being able to be canceled unless the 2 give “ready”.

This :clap: is :clap: fun :clap: and :clap: useful!:clap:

1 Like

It is a photo I took a few months back. I have pause on the enter key normally.

8 Likes

Awesome! :star_struck:

I like the second screen to watch sports on top of playing while running. Just to double flex on us inferior static gamers x]

RUNNING!?
I would fall off and DIE!
That’s why I need active pause!! lol

I walk at a brisk pace. It’s quantity of time, not qaulity. Sports helps distract me too.

ACTIVE PAUSE NOW PLEASEEEEEE

2 Likes

Fair enough. At least do a victory sprint, soldier! That logitech equipment can take your sweat AND the occasional fall ^^

I’m more interested to know how you play an RPG on a treadmill! Even with pause!
At best, I can play against the computer with 1 hand on the mouse button and 1 hand holding my kid. How can you do it with all the shaking and running involved? And where do you even put your mouse and keyboard?

I don’t really. Its why AOE2 has so much play time for me. Really only games I can play are tactical. Anything with 1st or 3rd person viewpoint and I start to WALK with the character left and right.

Xcom, AOE, CIV, these are pretty much all I can do.

As for the mouse and keyboard, it is in the photo. I built a tiny deak onto the top of my treadmill. :slight_smile:

My wife has coordination problems after brain surgery, making it difficult to manage both the mouse and the keyboard at the same time. A pause function would help immensely.

Yeah, this is it. Its not just for people like me its for people like her. And what is sop strange is it was a feature in 2 and 3. I hope they add it back. I can’t play until they do :frowning:

2 Likes