Please allow Walls to connect to teammate walls

The road map is already made for the next year.

The answer is no. :slight_smile:

It is a game decision, to not allow wall to connect to other players wall.

Can you elaborate on why you think not being able to connect to allied stone wall a game decision? I agree that the devs will be unlikely to add this feature.

1 Like

agree with title, pls add, and gates also ofc

Not the gates.

They will be build in the wrong direction if you have a wall in between your teammates and yourself.
Which means, that if a teammate gets rushed by the enemy, they can walk through into your base by using the wrong way turned gates.

1 Like

have u never had a friendly build a wall and no gate and leave the team unable to push?

yes, Iā€™ve been there. (several times) (and yes it is annoying)
But got that fixed with the indicator and asking for a gate in chat.

I rather have that, than the fact that gates might be pointing inwards into my base, for firelancers to come for coffee without knocking.

Well, some gate did not had door to acess it from land.
units needed to walk on the wall, toward stair tower or the main castle, allowing bether defence for the iner city.

Donā€™t worry, it is too much a change for the developper, they will never do that, has they strugle to do simple chnge.

I refresh the topic
+1 we really need to have this possibility

2 Likes

I agree walls should be connectable between players.

In addition, I would add that palisade walls should not have small pieces on each end (two in total) that can be deleted to save wood. Although if you delete them, then you cannot extend a wall piece from either end (it will no longer connect /extend together). Iā€™m not aware that something like this is possible with stone walls.

Just make walls cost what they should cost when placed and no shenanigans like in Aoe3 where you could delete wall posts to save on wood. Make it obvious and transparent.

2 Likes

Hard agree here as well.

Not only should we absolutely be able to connect to alliesā€™ wall, we ought to be able to connect Palisade walls to Stone walls too (something again the previous games allowed). This is a frustration when, say, we build Palisade walls in the early ages, and then canā€™t connect newer Stone walls to them later on.

2 Likes

We need allied walls to join.

3 Likes

Happy to see this thread! Saw it originated from September '21! Thanks for the bump. Would indeed love to see this!

Literally losing team games over being unable to (re)wall where the enemy refuses or fails at the edges. Tbh the mechanic at th edges fails most time, but still, only way to fix is to build a full new wall around it. Not doable, often due to towers or other obstructions. Let alone the additional investment in time and resources.

2 Likes

Generally, in team games, it would be great if walls are manageable by each member of the team (connecting, building, repairing, adding gates and eventually destroying). I know, somebody wonā€™t like this, and will say: ā€œJust communicate with team matesā€, as if this would be always so simple with random team mates in quick match.

In my opinion, team games could be so much more than the simple addition of multiple individual players. Somehow sharing sacred site / relic rewards, having team bonuses and so on. But to start with, I would be happy to see the wall features. Connecting would be great. If somehow, we could also delete team mateā€™s wallsā€¦ Would have prevented some rage quits in the last monthsā€¦ (not by me, but some people can get really annoyed when team mates do not make a gate in 5 seconds :smiley: )

1 Like

Although I agreed with this argument at first, but then I thought: what if your wall is only half-built, but your teammates build their own wall together with your wall without authorization, so that you cannot complete the expected building? Not having this feature at least ensures that when you encounter toxic teammates, you wonā€™t be disturbed.

Than walls should be completely removed from the game.
Toxic people can wall your TC in, and you are done for the game. Remove walls.
/S

You canā€™t deny people a feature because of toxic people.
Toxic people should be removed from the game, and we should have the abillity to connect walls.

Iā€™ve seen games where allies wall the TC of their ally. Wall off markets. Toxic team mates can do that if you cannot interact with their walls. Your argument prevents some form of toxicity, but allows many other straight forwards forms of it :wink:

1 Like

If teammates could share wall construction, wouldnā€™t that render how toxic a crappy teammate could be? For example, if your teammate walls you off, you can then build a stone wall gate to exit.

I understand that this would likely not be implemented and may be difficult to add, especially considering if your teammate is the Mongols or Rus. However, connecting team walls would be incredibly useful.

1 Like

Connecting to alliesā€™ walls is the bare minimum that is needed I would say, together with connecting stone walls to wooden walls. But complete shared management of walls sounds really good!

+1 THIS
let us build build our walls connected to other player walls, this is a mechanic that was always there in the previous games. I like to play with buddies against AI basically for fun, why this ā€˜featureā€™ isnā€™t available in AOE4?? Itā€™s a balancing issue? Or a technical coding problem? Either way, not all the ppl is playing to compete, many ppl just want to have fun and right now the fact we canā€™t connect our walls to other walls is really frustating.

3 Likes

YES!!!111111 SOMETHING has to be done about this. I just faced one painful wall griefer a week back, he lost the game to us. He did block the whole map on our side by palisade walls, I was not able to move vils or units.
I had to try to stop him from building more walls by placing unfinished outpostsā€¦ But after some frustration, I decided to leave the game. You can see the minimap complete with walls. I opened a report about this player, but he must have changed his name already.

I canā€™t help to think that this kind of exploit can be used this easily and reporting seems to be ineffective. A couple of these kinds of games per day will most likely take players away from the game.