Please ban the steam family library sharing in the multi-modee

Some player who have the experience in dota2 always use steam family library sharing to create a new free accout in order to play the multi-mode.especially for smurf.I know during the recent upgrade patch we have a delay ban for the people who quit the game at the start of game.But it cannot work for smurf.
Please ban the steam family library sharing,at least for multi-mode like CSGO.

3 Likes

sounds like a succinct answer to a new problem. ups for you.

I think we should wait until this is confirmed as a substantial issue before making such a change.
I personally have 2 accounts, not for smurfing purposes (they are similar rating), but to give more balanced matches.
What I mean is that my slightly higher account I play on good days and my lower account I play on bad days. This avoids the larger swings between winning most games on good days and losing most on bad days. It is my hope that this will lead to more even games on both types of days.

It is actually possible to determine the source Steam identity for a family share. If the ELO system could take this information into account for the first several matches, it would make smurfing much more difficult.