Please change standard victory to conquest

Conquest needs to be standard like all aoe games. This landmark victory this really stupid. Just spent all this time playing a 4v4 my team had won but the last opponent built a army and attacked my town ran straight for my monuments and eliminated me. So now it counts as a loss even though I won. And dropped my ranking

2 Likes

Well, hide a Landmark or have your team help you defend.
If you play with randoms, that’s what you have to do. That going to a corner of the map to lengthen the game (most games were like that) is over.

4 Likes

My allies were helping me. And this opponent was the one moving his town ( he was mongols) to different spots of the map. I never do that once I’ve lost fair and square I surrender.

1 Like

It slightly designed to root out the weak or vulnerable players on the team.

Historically societies/civilizations didn’t “win” in teams. This is a welcomed changed that makes sense for gameplay online and for ELO.

2 Likes

Landmarks that have been destroyed and repaired should not count towards the victory condition… This is currently broken. I had a Mongol rush me with like 150 scouts, my army moved pretty slow to defend but managed to kill a lot of the scouts. But in the end the scouts managed to “tap” and destroy all 3 landmarks despite 2 of them being under repair and like 30-50% hp… This needs to be fixed… He would’ve lost because he had no gold since I zoned him for 30 mins.

1 Like

Landmarks that have been destroyed and repaired should not count towards the victory condition… This is currently broken. I had a Mongol rush me with like 150 scouts, my army moved pretty slow to defend but managed to kill a lot of the scouts. But in the end the scouts managed to “tap” and destroy all 3 landmarks despite 2 of them being under repair and like 30-50% hp… This needs to be fixed… He would’ve lost because he had no gold since I zoned him for 30 mins.

Honestly, this doesn’t make any sense.

A landmark is not a landmark until it is fully constructed. When the enemy destroys (100% reduction in building health) the landmark it is no longer constructed. Your “Repairing” is essentially re-constructing the landmark.

If the enemy does not reduce the building’s health by 100% it still counts as a building. When it hits 0% it’s a different story.

1 Like

I agree with your title but not your post. I mostly have a problem with Wonder victory, especially 15 min timered wonder on gigantic 4v4 maps, that’s so cheesy. But Landmark victory is fine to me. That’s the punishment for you who don’t build walls. This is a medieval game, you are supposed to build walls.

1 Like

The problem with wonder victory is that the timer doesn’t scale with map size like it does in AoE2. They should give 5 mins to react to when it is built, then enough time to move a large army across the map + enough time to destroy 3-5 layers of wall/defenses with a typical lategame army comp, and an extra 5-10 mins leeway, for people who need more time to react, or batter through more stuff. Then defending it becomes a bit more skillful, whilst still giving people a chance to destroy it.

I see what your saying, but I was the Rus so their walls are useless against an army of bombards, but so are normal walls, currently bombards are too powerful and destroy wall and buildings to fast

2 Likes

I go back and forth on this all to often. There are times where it feels too OP and other times where it’s not fast enough.

1 Like