Please, divide the gather speed for Male and Female settlers

I think it would be interesting and logical to introduce a new gameplay element for female and male settlers. The different gather speed!
Maybe I missed something, but the main idea, example
Male settlers will be effective for:
Food from animals hunted
Wood from Tree
Gold from Mines
Female settlers will be effective for:
Food from Berrybush, Mills, and other buildings
Gold from Plantation and other buildings

That sounds awful and pointless

28 Likes

ah yes, please add sexism to the game :gigachad:

20 Likes

That’s a great idea. But I think you don’t go far enough. I understand It might be controversial, but in addition to what you propose, I think villagers with darker skin should gather gold faster from plantation…

(Obviously I’m mocking the OP, I’m not advocating for adding racism in this game…)

7 Likes

No. That would make little to no sense in many of the civs - afaik, only the European civs would have any basis for this. In every other culture in the game, both men and women were expected to be capable of these tasks equally.

5 Likes

An emphatic no. 20 chars

2 Likes

that is absolutely terrible a pointless idea. It just add useless complications to the game, also you randomly get villagers you don’t choose if they are male or female. Unless you change that

4 Likes

3 Likes

What the **** did i just read? Lol

4 Likes

0 a.d was built on that and they are considering changing.

This won’t happen in AoE III, btw.

What we need is female Courer des bois to French.

4 Likes

There weren’t any female Coureur des Bois. A lot of colonies were >80% men. The Metis came about because there were almost no European women. They had to bring over the Filles du Roi to correct the massive gender imbalance.

I’d like to see a Filles du Roi card, but I don’t think we need more than that.

8 Likes

What is wrong with you?

1 Like

Sorry, you’re right, I should said female villagers/setllers wether from France or being Metis.

Perhaps they could gather from unique fields too with special corn and watermelon crops.

The 0-AD game works similar to this. But they are 2 types of villager.

This, in addition to being controversial, would be impractical, so they would also have to be divided into 2 types of villagers.

I think it’s currently fine as it is, since it’s the first AOE to include female villagers. (I don’t know if mythology also has them).

Instead of this I would propose that they include female soldiers.

also its pretty hard to distinguish the vils sometime and not to mention its a random roll, so u will be ■■■■■■ if you dont get what you want for the resources you need

It does.

How many of the civs in the game have a historical basis for this? I know the Lakota and Haudenosaunee do, but I don’t know about any beyond that.
But I’d gander that the Lakota are probably the only civ in the game that very nearly had equal numbers of both - women generally served as sharpshooters and support rather than direct melee combatants, though.

Are you high ? Please give me some of the stuff you take °^°

I don’t know, but I guess there are always exceptions.

The only Age that didn’t had females was I, probably by tech limitations. A pitty that they didn’t fix it in DE.

From what I recall, other women on battles had been somewhat common in Euroasian steppes (Scythians) and some African cultures. Also in last stands and siege defenses.