Please fix unbalanced/broken Coustillier

But strong knights is pretty much all they got going for them. They dont have an amazing economy and they don’t have any early bonuses either

1 Like

No the fast building TCs in conjunction with that crazy farms should be nerfed also, oh and the 50% nullified damage.

Why should the farms be nerfed? Its not that strong and in fact is worse then the teutons farm bonus up until you get crop rotation.

5 Likes

Its weaker than the teutonsbecause you have to research the upgrade, teutons get it even without researching any of them. Especially in the early game teutons farming bonus is much better.

Also Teutons bonus reduces the total ressources spent in farming, which allows you to have more military while booming then other booming civs. Sicilians farms cost the same as normal.

If you place 20 farms with teutons you have saved 400 res (3 knights) whilst with sicilians you haven’t saved anything initially, the farms need to pay back their investment over time.

1 Like

Agree with your list. The unit should be nerfed ASAP. Many non-halb civs can’t beat that unit. Plus, one-shotting a trebuchet with a few of them while still being in castle age (22:30) is an extremely unfair advantage, meele units already destroy siege quite fast. This bonus can’t work on siege, it is way too overpowered.

The bonus damage reduction is decent but the +100% more food per farm tech seems like one of the weakest eco bonuses in the game, it doesn’t let you build more farms early when you actually need the food and it doesn’t speed up the gather rate, and it gets weaker and weaker in relation to other civs the more farm upgrades you get(Takes longer and longer to pay off because reseed times are already so high after you get the farming techs), sure you save a few thousand wood but most of it is getting to you after you don’t need it as much anymore

Teutons get pretty much the same effect with half price farms but they can actually plop down twice as many farms and get their bonus immediately instead of waiting for it

I think they should make that bonus start in castle age, it won’t affect normal games unless you’re deleting starting tc for a douche, can’t build any tcs or castles until castle age anyway and would solve nomad problem

6 Likes

easy solution. thumbs up

Silicians are not broken, they a bad civ, really unidimensional. They eco bonuses arent that great, unless its nomad. They suffer against any type of tower rush, and making donjon its not that viable. It is a tier D civ on any scenario that itsn’t nomad, no need to nerf them.

6 Likes

They should be removed from ranked matches honestly 11

these new 2 weird civs are exactly broken…No need to say anything after this dlc ,game got worse by any means.Now its getting more and more difficult to balance the game.As far as i see from things happened after last wierd dlc one big legend ‘‘AOE2’’ is about to die.
Villagers are turning into one of the most strong infantry
all you food goes to gold in unacceptable ratio
coustilier one hit most of units (even if it doesnt have that bonus +35/+40 attack is huge !
concept of shock attack is real garbage at least it could be like +12/+18 or smth.
new UU are game ruiner.
ı dont know why are some ppl still insisting that these civs are ok and well balanced even i saw some of them calling these civs WEAK …I have very nice idea for those ppl asking buffs for Burgundians and Sicilians Here it is
1.Coustilier has splash dmg without any reducion and has +99999 initial dmg (so u can be satisfied)
2.Sicilian Donjons are moved to dark age and cost no stone but wood.
3.Sergeants has ability to built every building.And they are created from every building including docks and walls.
4.Sergeants need buffs so they have 160 hp for normal 8000 for elite and elite is free when advanced imp age.
Then we all will be so happy at all.

Lol, these 2 new civs are actually super weak and non-competitive, except under very specific circumstances.

Agree except the coustillir need a nerf/fix. Even the flemish militia UT that people complain about it, iy is actually a meh UT and didn’t work well in pro games. About Sicilians i think their first crusade maybe need a small nerf, and their 50% less damage need a small nerf too, and their donjons need a buff, maybe reduce their stone cost by 50

1 Like

Actually, I think Flemish Militia is too good.
It is both a Champion and an Halberdier at the same time, but performs better than both in most cases.

I think they should lower the HP to Champ levels, and lower the damage so it does not actually beat Champs.

First Crusade is easy to fix. Make it 10 Serjeants per TC, to a max of 3 TCs.
It is not only more feasible than 5 TCs (specially for a civ that already needs a lot of Stone), but is also a 40% nerf that feels much lower.

Sicilians should also need Castle Age to get the TC building speed bonus.
Donjons are fine, they are supposed to be suboptimal, as compensation for free upgrades and bigger HP pool later on than Towers.

1 Like

The Flemish militia is all-in tech, maybe it is strong but it is really risky, once your felmish got stopped then you are dead because you have nothing left, i didn’t see it work else if you are winning the game and need a small push then this UT will be enough, but for a losing situation and bad eco i don’t think this tech will help you at all.

1 Like

True, but I still do not think they should beat Champs, it is counter-intuitive.

I understand that they cost Gold, and their weapon is both anti-Cavalry and anti-Infantry (mace-pike hybrid) but they still should not beat the unit that is the generic Heavy Infantry, and still have bonus damage vs Cavalry.

1 Like

I even don’t mind for this unit to be able to kill champs, because in the end it is just the last chance. You as an opponent for this civ, you still have your vills, eco, tcs and army so your situations in general is much better you just need to keep this miltia busy with fighting until they have nothing and the enemy will have nothing behind to get back

I would be much happier if they massively nerfed the stats on the unit but made them still work like villagers and gather resources (1/1 armor, maybe 5-10 bonus hp, +1-+2 attack over villager base and keep bonus to cavalry) weaker supremacy/inca villager that comes with ability to auto attack without micro and bonus damage to cav seems way better than all in win/lose game button - I wouldn’t want to research this to end game faster if I was winning, I’d just play it safe and continue to win normally even if it takes 10-15 more minutes instead of taking a risk of turning a winning game into a loss, if I’m already losing the game I don’t think I would be able to beat opponent with 80-100 slightly stronger champions and no villagers very often at all

Idk if they’re too strong or too weak in the role they fill already, depends what the % of games that get won by Flemish Militia compared to the % lost by Flemish Militia, kind of hard to determine if the powerspike is too strong or not without that information, but the downside to it is definitely killer if you don’t win pretty much immediately after you use it - I am pretty sure they won’t change the mechanic itself anytime soon or at all so just balancing it out where it isn’t useless or too strong is most that can be hoped for

edit- plus the Burgundian’s other UT means they do not run out of gold quickly, this tech in current form seems most useful when you cannot get gold anymore and don’t need your villagers as badly, it could end a trash war in your favor, but you shouldn’t run out of gold before the opponent does anyway (unless they are Portuguese, then you might run out first)

How about that Spice Trade?

1 Like

seems they have overnerfed? cannot 2 shots vills without blacksmith upgrade (7+25+7=39!)

1 Like