Please introduce a real INDIAN civ

Looks like someone already raised concern Thanks to your article I could reach this page. Was it during development time or alpha release, I am not sure? but I think should have addressed this concern.
Bro we need to hide this thing how India is represented like Delhi sultanate from current political leaders. Its a huge red flag and in worst case could get this game banned in India. As an AOE lover I would request whoever reading not to share this info to political leaders XD. A mission that this should not reach their ears.

1 Like

Totally agree with you man (OP).

Developers made hindustanis as mughals, who were not hindustani but enemies of hindustani people. The level of ignorance there. Northern indians (Gurjaras/Pratiharas) arent even given elephants, when historically northern indian armies consisted of elephants way before muslims/babur invaded india). Gurjaras have no infantry, No Knights, No elephants even. Only camels = bs.

They should make that civ pakistani instead of hindustani as most of the descendants of baburs army and forcibly converted population was sent to pakistan after british left.

1 Like

If anyone wants to, check out these following threads about the proposed civilizations that are native to the Indian Subcontinent:

The Chola Dynasty Speculation - Age of Empires IV / IV - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum

Civilization Concept: The Vijayanagara Empire - Age of Empires IV / IV - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum

1 Like

You’re correct. I would love to see Rajputana, Orrisa, Ahom, Vijaynagar, Chola, Maratha or any other Hindu indigenous kingdom representing India rather than foreign oppressors like Delhi Sultanate that harmed Indian culture and values.

2 Likes

Why did so called “True Indian Civilization” have a foreign language in their courts, promote a foreign religion, or talk of foreign culture in high esteem, if they truly were Indian.

India that is Bharat is a 5000+ year old civilization, deal with it!

1 Like

deleted, i didn’t realize this is a year ago. My bad.

1 Like

Don’t really know jack shit about Indian history lol. Heard RRR was great action movie and watch it and really liked the movie. And decided to watch the 2 movies made before it by the same director and found other Indian movies i liked. There not all 100% real history but about India winning back there country
Baahubali: The Beginning
Baahubali 2: The Conclusion

These are all great medieval movies if anyone wants to watch them
Padmaavat
Panipat
bajirao mastani
Samrat Prithviraj
Ponniyin Selvan Part 1

1 Like

Was the Delhi Sultanate an empire? Yes? Good. Do empires tend to invade and conquer other territories? Yes? Do the people living in those invaded territories usually don’t like being invaded? Sure? Ok, so that’s the definition of every single empire for you. This franchise is called Age of Empires, you know?

I’m latino and it’d be like saying that I don’t want to ever see the Spanish as a civ here because they were tyrannical and enslaved natives and brought in diseases from Europe. Learn from history, but please get over it already.

they will change it sometime in the future i guess.

If I’m not crazy… I think they responded once and said they were going to add a new Indian Civilization in the Future. If anyone finds an interview, post it here.

I also know that there are many players who enjoy Indian culture in Age of Empires. Due to this came a lot of changes to AoE2:DE due to community requests and the AoE4 when released also heard a lot of confusion and requests to add another Indian civilization. Those who followed the forum should remember.

In my case, I like India a lot, and it would be great if they added some Southern Indian civilization, because the South has a different architecture from the North (due to the culture of the Dravidians). I recommend that it be the Chola Empire, as it would have interesting land and naval units, I would also like a new elephant specialized in archers.

1 Like