Please make the game keep the highest earned rank

Instead of punishing the players for playing, forcing them to quit ranked after earning highest realistic rank for them at making smurf accounts, making the experience worse for everyone.

4 Likes

I absolutely agree. It doesn’t hurt anyone and motivates players to keep trying until the very end of the season instead of punishing them.

2 Likes

I also like this idea, if you have achieved a rank that should be your last rank score.

1 Like

For this too. Its better if people keep playing and not stop cause they might lose there rank.

Its not really fair for causal players aswell

1 Like

1000000% agree.

i don’t understand why that was not done as an hotfix in season 1 …

2 Likes

Good point, just add another line for highest earned ELO

Sounds amazing! 20 char

1 Like

Up

I never posted about this but thought about it for a while and i don’t understand why they didn’t do it since the release. I stopped each season when I reached the rank I wanted (or not). Lack of time and/or more hard games in “high” elo (who challenge you) finish pushing you in a downfall and regret to “force the rank.”

1 Like

up
Would be great to have a DEV advice on this

1 Like

Yea, losing rank at the end of the season is really demotivating and leads to people stop playing. Can be fixed with keeping the highest rank.

1 Like

I guess you will be pleased to find out that the dev team adresses this:

Ranked Rewards

We’ve heard your feedback regarding the Ranked Rewards system. Currently, rewards are based upon your final standing at the end of the season, which incentivizes some players to stop competing after they have reached a certain rank in fear that they might lose their rewards. Our team is working to change this, such that a player’s Ranked Rewards for a season are based upon the highest rank achieved at any point in the season. This means that players can continue to push themselves towards greater heights without fear of losing out on seasonal rewards.

We hope to land this change before the end of Season Five, however we have ongoing work to complete and test to ensure full confidence in delivery of this feature. We will plan for further updates to confirm when this much-requested change will land.

Source: https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-of-empires-iv-season-five-update-7-0-5861/