Please remove chat from FFA

People use the chat to make agreements, focus other players or just talk ####### ##### it’s hell of annoying, please remove the chat, it’s mostly used for things that are not in the spirit of the FFA, and ruins the games

1 Like

The filter is ridiculous sometimes, I could only imagine for FFA. (EDIT: Ahh, oops, you want chat removed entirely for FFA, and not just the filter? My bad. I'll leave the rest of my post that I authored intact for now, in case any of it applies ;) I do know what you mean, though. Even though I don't play FFA (free for all) or watch it, it seems like nobody should be making arrangements with other players, or being mean. Understandable. Let me know if you want me to delete my post and I will) :slight_smile:

Fortunately, I haven’t played any team skirmish games for a while, but assuming it’s the same as it used to be, it was very annoying (i.e., not fun) trying to have chats between two grown adults in non-ranked, private matches, co-op vs. AI. Why two adults in a co-op match, and friends on Steam, should have their chats filtered, I have no idea why.

MS can put out games like Gears of War (and now Diablo), but completely innocent AoE chats just become hash tags… forcing us to lose valuable game-time trying to figure out a way to write the innocent words in a way the chat filter algorithm overlord will accept… and trying to explain to teammate “no, no, I didn’t swear! I’m not yelling or using profanity!”, effectively apologizing for the chat filters own inventions.

7 times out of 10 I just threw in the towel and gave up trying to retype and rearrange the words so I could just get back to actually playing the game. It was times like this where I really missed legacy AoE2 unfiltered chats.

Yes, good luck trying to coordinate things with your teammate when your chats become: “I’m heading toward enemy. Could you #### ######## ###.” Lol. (Which then led to a mad scramble to course-correct the chat so it doesn’t look like I’m meanly yelling or swearing at them.)

I never used profanity in matches, yet the filter somehow, some way constructed its own profanity logic to spin what you said into some distorted reality… bridging innocent words/letter strings together in twisted ways to make you look bad.

Much like the forum filter, which I made a topic for yesterday. The in-game chat filter was going to be Phase 2 suggestion of my suggestion.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/forums-filter-is-too-heavy-handed-i-e-wrong-in-its-assessments-100-of-time-with-my-posts/251411?u=darkness01101

1 Like